Job description / Role
A global Facilities Management provider is looking for an experienced Procurement Officer to join their successful team in Dubai.
Purpose of the role
• To assist the Commercial Team to identify and suggest opportunities for improving the Procurement Operations of the department to ensure continued delivery of the best services in the most cost-effective manner.
• Ensure compliance with procurement policy and procedures, monitoring and overseeing Corporate procurement practices.
• Identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement in procurement related-processes and practices to improve efficiency and enhance effectiveness.
• Perform market research and assist staff in locating/obtaining qualified vendors.
• Screen selected vendors to determine required qualifications.
• Responsible for end to end on boarding of Vendors including management of Preferred Vendor List and Vendor Compliance
• Assist and support with Annual Supplier Evaluations
• Responsible for identifying potential local suppliers/manufacturers, developing business relationships, analysing and negotiating on received quotations from the suppliers and preparing price comparison data for obtaining management approval.
• Create and maintain inventory of all incoming and current supplies and carry out stores audit
• Support with the strategic alignment with the Business Development Team
• Support the Business Development Team from the beginning of each bid/project
• Assist the Procurement Manager with the Tender Process for individual projects/service streams
• Assist in drafting and issuance of Request for Proposals by project/service stream
• Support the Commercial Evaluation of returned Request for Proposals
• Provide support to negotiate and drive cost efficiencies for each tender/service stream
• Assist in the drafting of Supplier/Sub-Contractor Agreements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Facilities/Business Administration or related discipline.
• Post graduate degree such as MSc, MBA or PGD in a relevant discipline will be an advantage.
• Professional certification from relevant institutions will be an added advantage.
• Minimum 5-7 years of experience in the field of Procurement and Supply Chain
About the Company
CSG are the Global Talent Experts.
Founded in 2003, CSG began as six independent recruitment agencies. Now, we boast over 200 specialist consultants operating from six offices across Europe, Asia, Australia and MENA, in seven distinct practice areas.
We pride ourselves on our sector expertise; we have specialist teams working in niche markets across Life Sciences & Healthcare, Energy & Natural Resources, Consumer, Transportation, Engineering & Construction, Business Services and Technology. We also provide temporary recruitment services through our contracting arm CRE, working within Construction, IT and Digital Services.
CSG’s vision is to be the first and continuous choice when managing both our clients’ global talent needs and our candidates’ long-term careers. In 2017 alone, we partnered with 435 international clients and made placements in 62 countries. From our proactive executive searches to our Talent Strategy Services, we see ourselves as your talent partners, and that ethos is reflected in everything we do.