Job description / Role
• Receives requests of identified department needs of raw material, spares, packaging materials, services and equipment for purchasing.
• Selects and evaluates suppliers and maintains an up to date list of suppliers to ensure purchasing the suitable products with best prices possible and best conditions.
• Places orders and ensures the procurement of the suitable quality merchandise
• Inspects all invoices, reviewing prices and comparing figures between original purchase orders and received items.
• Participates in prices and payment terms negotiations.
• Prepares necessary documentation for shipments and customs authorities.
• Maintains records for all purchase operations.
• Prepares for the letter of credit and sends it to the Accounting Department.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or equivalence.
• 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
• Good command of the English language.
• Good command of basic computer skills.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to work in a team environment.
About the Company
Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
- World leader in habitat
- €39.1 billion in sales in 2016
- Operates in 67 countries
- More than 170,000 employees