Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Product Design Lead at Careem, your contribution on designing the products will impact millions of people across the region! We're looking for an individual with the ability to craft the most beautiful yet simple experience for our Customers, Captains and Colleagues. Together with your team, you will be solving some complex problems that require extreme attention to detail along with the ability to think big to build scalable solutions that are both useful and delightful.
- Lead a team of highly motivated designers providing creative and process leadership
- Advocating for user needs and leveraging insights to create better designs while making sure everything built is scalable and follows our guidelines, best practices and standards
- Coaching and mentoring team members while making an active contribution to product vision and design
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Product Directors to understand and validate problems and align design decisions to create a flawless experience for the users
- Owning the design and execution of qualitative and quantitative user research efforts to identify user needs.
- Allocating and managing design resources to ensure smooth delivery of products and features.
- Working with design team members to work on professional development plans by setting expectations and career goals.
- Providing coaching, feedback to members of the team and communicating career progression plans.
- Well documented history of shipping successful products at scale for web and mobile platforms.
- A proven track record of building experiences that users love, shown through your ability to conceptualize, implement and deliver within constraints
- Excellent storytelling and narrative skills. You should be able to present your solutions and your tell the story of how the product meets its users' needs to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to take a holistic view on projects and quickly assess individual team members abilities to be able match the right people with the right work
- Significant experience in a design leadership role with expertise in coaching and people development. Ability to encourage self-motivation, improvement and drive. You are a firm believer in coaching over management.
- Strong experience in working on multiple projects and delegating work effectively.
- Ability to implement operational improvements to the way you and your team works to bring out the best from everyone in the team.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- 6+ years experience designing consumer products across multiple platforms including iOS, Android and Web, with at least 4 years leading a team.
- A strong portfolio showcasing examples of good design, problem solving and leadership skills. Case studies and a deep dive into the process are encouraged.
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.