Product Design Researcher - Level Shoes
Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for planning, designing, preparing and running user research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement (including contextual discovery, experience mapping, early-stage concept and prototype testing, lab based and contextual usability and accessibility testing).
- Develop and manage the usability and accessibility testing process
- Craft personas and other "information radiators" (e.g., journey maps) to communicate insights across the design and development teams
- Own research projects with various complexities, ranging from strategic to tactical research.
- Works close with the Design and Product organization and other stakeholders to identify upcoming research needs.
- Actively initiates and drives mid to high-impact research projects in order to clarify ambiguous problem spaces.
- Produces and communicates actionable research insights.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of processes, practices, work processes, cost effectiveness, and productivity enhancement
- Contribute to preparing timely and accurate reports that concern the line of work to meet the requirements, objectives, and standards
- Ensure the satisfaction of both internal and external customers by addressing their needs in a courteous and timely manner
What you'll need to succeed
- 1-3 years of experience in user research across qualitative and quantitative methods
- Solid understanding of the design thinking process, as well as a passion and know-how for influencing design strategy
- Expert at setting the bar on a mix of both quantitative and qualitative research
- Hands on experience with standard survey, usability benchmarking, and/or data analysis tools (e.g., Survey Monkey, Quantum metrics etc)
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal. Arabic nice to have!
- Bachelor's Degree in User Experience Design, Design Communication, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science, Anthropology, Sociology, Human Factors, Psychology, Design, HCI, or any related field
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.