Job description / Role
Job Title: Product Development Sr. Executive – Perfume/Cosmetics
Location: Dubai, UAE
• To develop new products as per requirement
• Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities Essential Functions
• Support in development plan based on the new brief and updates supplied by the management
• Develop new products/components in accordance with development briefs
• Support in the product development cycle (e.g., timelines, pricing, vendor selection domestically and overseas).
• Familiar with new trends and developments in components, techniques, fashion, fragrances, etc.
• To identify new sources of supply of product needs- primarily Aerosol
• Handles new component enquiries and price negotiations.
• Handles queries/problems related to new product development.
• Sources new raw materials and passes information on new ideas higher management
• Draws up new product draft costing jointly with Costing Manager.
• Meeting with visiting vendors (fragrance, bottle, cap, pump, packaging etc) and obtains information on new developments.
• Keep track of the competition through various services, databases checking Web sites, market research and various other sources.
• Gather comments, suggestions and feedback that can become the ideas for new products.
• Value analysis resulting considerable amount of savings.
• Review quality and determine what improvements/changes need to be carried out in existing product.
• Participate in Product Registration with local authority & documentation
• Asses quality of incoming & finish products and take necessary steps to rectify and communicate with supplier/mfrs
AED 7,000 to 10,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Engineering degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering. Additional degree/diploma in Product Designing/Packaging Technology.
Significant experience of 5 + years of which minimum 3 years should be in Product Development (Aerosol Products) functions associated with Perfumery/FMCG organization and should be familiar with print packaging, moulded components and other common packaging materials such as aluminum cans, glass bottles, labels etc
Skills & Competencies Required
• Experience in developing Perfumery, Aerosol product – Preferable
• Knowledge of Aerosol ingredient, formulation and Packaging Material
• Good knowledge of Print & Packaging development
• Innovation in Packaging concepts, construction etc.
• Should have understanding of Engineering drawings
• Mould Management for Plastic and other Components
• Vendor management skills to manage existing and new vendors/suppliers
• Should have analytical skill aligned to critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Interest in fashion, fragrance and personal care products with a focus on staying current and even ahead of future trends.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and budgets
• Should have excellent communication skills written/verbal
• Be good with figures and information technology
• Ability to adapt and work within an unstructured environment is essential
• Willing to travel local & overseas
Salary will be at par with industry standards + statutory benefits like 30 days paid annual leave with to and fro air-passage allowance for self + Medical Insurance for self + gratuity as per UAE Labour Law
About the Company
italent has been around since 2012, when we saw that businesses needed better talent solutions for their employment requirements. By focusing our efforts on quality products and services that are simple-to-use and innovative, our team brings you the best results without any unexpected additional costs and unnecessary complications. Simply put, we love helping businesses find and keep the right people.