Job description / Role
The purpose of this role is to manage the assigned Product (Parts) portfolio and be responsible for delivering the revenue and profit goals by managing independently their 4Ps (Product, Price, Promotion and Place).
Develop Product Programs:
- Research product line and content
- Determine product portfolio
- Formulate price position, forecast sales volume and set profitability targets
- Write product bulletins
Enhance Product Programs:
- Perform continuous gap analysis to determine opportunities for portfolio enhancement to generate incremental revenue and contribution margins
- Monitor revenue and profitability by watching the sales mix and take corrective action where required
- Monitor cost changes and reflect them to protect program profitability
- Ensure timely availability for new part numbers
- Maintain adequate liaison with suppliers and platforms for part number updates and promotional support
Field Team Interaction and Distributor Support:
- Have regular interaction with the field team to update them on assigned programs
- Conduct program familiarization programs
Cataloging & POS Support:
- Maintain and develop competitive cross reference information
- Provide information for catalog development
- Brief marketing for relevant POS material
- Handle special sales accounts
- Strategy and New Market development
- College degree preferably in business
- Preferably Post-graduate degree in business administration (MBA)
- Five years plus automotive parts experience preferably in the independent aftermarket
- Or Five or more years of experience in the Lubricants industry looking after portfolio and supply chain
- Working knowledge of automotive parts or Lubricants and Chemicals.
- Excellent computer skills (PowerPoint and Excel), Good presentation skills, good project management skills, strong negotiation skills, proactive initiative taking skills, innovation. Capacity to understand and plan for future years.
- Functional / Technical Skills
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Agility
- Presentation Skills
- Written Communications
About the Company
General Motors Company (NYSE:GM, TSX: GMM), one of the worlds largest automakers, traces its roots back to 1908. GM and its strategic partners produce cars and trucks in 31 countries, and sell and service these vehicles through the following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Holden, Isuzu, Jiefang, Opel, Vauxhall and Wuling. GMs largest national market is China, followed by the United States, Brazil, the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada and Russia. GMs OnStar subsidiary is the industry leader in vehicle safety, security and information services.
With its global headquarters in Detroit, GM employs 209,000 people in every major region of the world and does business in more than 120 countries. GM is headquartered in four major locations: GM Europe; North America (GMNA); South America; and GM International Operations (GMIO) is located in Shanghai, China. GMIO covers Asia Pacific and Middle East.
GM Middle East started in 1920s and the brands that are sold in the region are Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC supported by a unique set of customer-focused services. GM parts and accessories are sold under the GM Parts and ACDelco brands. The regional office in Dubai covers the companys operations in Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Yemen in 20 dealerships.
GM has 2 facilities here in Middle East one is in Dubai World Trade Centre and the other, Middle East Distribution Corporation, which is located in Jebel Ali.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Product & Marketing Manager