Job description / Role
Our client is one of the fashion companies who provide an affordable, Modest and Fashionable product.
They are currently looking to hire a Product Manager for their Head Office in Dubai – UAE. Product Manager shall assist Operations Head for “Pre-Sales” Activities)
• Conduct market research to identify key consumer trends in the market, lifestyle, current and future trends etc.
• Research, plan and deliver products that would meet customers need.
• Develop and maintain an understanding of our products, market, and competition.
• Plan roadmap for new product/ collection launch as per the range plan.
• Plan and monitor product development activities and ensure on-time completion from ideation to product launch i.e. design, pattern making, sourcing, sample production, production, delivered at DC. Generate reports of progress on weekly basis and report it to the management.
• Evaluate the performance of suppliers and manufacturers as per their product quality and delivery timelines.
• Plan strategies for the launch of new products and offers on existing products
• Analyze inventory intelligent reports i.e. fast movers, slow movers, product demand trends, category demand trends, etc
• Plan sales forecast for existing and new products
• Plan strategies to increase revenues for every product category, new product launch, fast mover and slow movers along with marketing team
• Continuously keep track of existing products, new products, customer experience etc and provide recommendations for improvements
• Ensure the value of products and product features are communicated in the best possible ways to the customer
• Assign the work in a most efficient way (via TMS & Email, not verbal) and ensure team members meet deadlines and deliverables.
• Conduct regular review meetings (weekly & monthly) with the production & merchandising team to define goals and review the achievement of same
• Lead and motivate the team
• Work closely with Operation Head for strategic decision making and concept brainstorming
• Take prior consent/ approval from Operation Head for key decision making
• Update work progress and work status regularly to Operations Head (i.e. daily, weekly & monthly reporting, as defined by the management)
• Manage grievances of Production & Merchandising team and other team members directly related to your scope-of-work. In case of critical concerns involve HR Manager/ Operations Head and get the issue solved
• Review and approve leaves, cross-check & approve attendance sheet for production & merchandising team
• Ensure a healthy work environment is maintained
• Ensure regular trainings are conducted to improvise skillsets of team members
• Ensure the staff matrix is maintained. In case of any talent requirement, coordinate and assist HR team/ consultants to fulfill the same
• Team members & vendor performance management: assess and notify the senior management on quarterly basis
• Be the central point of communication for all kinds of activities involved in product development for senior management
• Liaise with team members i.e. fashion designers, tailors, merchandisers, manufacturers, etc for successful product launch
• Conduct meeting with team members to monitor the progress
• Assist merchandiser in merchandising strategies
• Ensure the quality of samples are checked by team members before mass production
• Coordinate with team members to get the things as per the given timelines for product/ collection launch
• Monitor the workflow of every department to ensure deadlines and deliverables are met
• Ensure SOPs are being followed at every step by all stakeholders. In case of any deviation ensure its been rectified and followed
• Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Administration, Marketing. Master’s degree would be an advantage.
• Experience: Min 8+ years’ experience in Product Management
• Gender: Female/ Male
• Languages: English (mandatory), Arabic (preferred)
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Assistant Product Manager
Ignite Search & Selection
Senior Brand Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services
Right Calibre Executive Search
Head of Operations