Job description / Role
Do you have a passion for products? Do you want to build a business from the ground up? Do you have proven analytical capabilities, exceptional communication, project management skills, and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment? If yes, you should apply for the Amazon MENA After Market Services (AMS) team.
AMS is a cost-saving organization and it's scope is to reduce customer returns, simplify the customer returns process/journey, and reduce financial losses from customers returns.
As an integral part of the AMS team, you will play a role in defining the product strategy for AMS in MENA and you will lead the launch of needle-moving products and programs.
In this role, you will be in charge of:
- Rapidly expanding the product and program portfolio for AMS MENA
- Identify new product development opportunities and bring them to market
- Coordinating product development across international, cross-functional teams
- Designing and implementing new processes to help scale the business
Due to the nature of the role, you will work with cross-functional teams including Retail, Marketplace, Operations, Customer Service, Program Management, Product Management, Tech, Finance, among others.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about products, have strong product development and process design skills as well as outstanding project management abilities. S/he should excel in both strategic thinking and tactical execution, as responsibilities range from creating business plans to driving product development. The candidate should also feel comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working in a very entrepreneurial environment. The Product Manager will interact with and influence multiple teams across the organization (US and global).
- Continually assess the needs of our customers in MENA
- Define both long term strategy and short-term plans to achieve the product vision and deliver business results
- Contribute to the overall business strategy in your area of focus
- Ensure consistent execution of product from conceptualization to launch
- Provide value-based prioritization of product development initiatives to ensure maximum ROI and market-driven alignment
- Deliver world-class innovation in features, usability and product performance in consistent cadence of releases
- Manage a cross-functional process for prioritizing, delivering and launching major product releases
- Be the internal and external authority and advocate for your given area of focus
- Bachelor Degree from a top tier university
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and good business judgment
- Proven ability to lead and deliver results in complex projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An independent self-starter who thrives in connecting people and ideas and has a strong entrepreneurial drive
- Is able to manage multiple competing priorities smoothly
- Proven ability to work with global cross-functional teams and outside partners to drive growth and process improvement for your business
- MBA or advanced degree
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- Basic technical fluency. You understand how your products get built and can use that knowledge to work with your engineering partners to make smart decisions
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.