Job description / Role
At DarkMatter, we are building an organisation of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients' work, we'll assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
The Product Manager is responsible for product planning and execution through the full lifecycle of the business. This includes defining the vision for the product, gathering and prioritizing requirements for the product, and collaborating with other senior members of the engineering, marketing, sales, and operations departments in order to ensure that the financial and consumer satisfaction goals are met. In addition to this, the Director of Product Development also ensures that the company's overall strategy and goals are supported by those of the product and that the product goals and strategy align with that of the larger DarkMatter business.
Specifically, the Cloud product management team will be responsible for defining the DarkMatter Group's strategy with respect to software delivery models (hosted, on-prem), the tools and partnerships required, and the products and services that will make use of these Cloud Native technologies.
not deviate from that of the business.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure a holistic product portfolio, across various product management teams
- Helping to create the vision of the DarkMatter product portfolio and articulate the strategy to senior management
- Plan with, and coach, other product managers
- Mentor, appraise performance, and rewarding your team of product managers
- Be responsible for the full product lifecycle
- Manage existing product lines, create new lines, increasing the profitability and management of Profit and Loss goals for each line
- Establish metrics to measure effectiveness and drive improvements
- Create the product strategy and product roadmaps, and the specification of product requirements
- Maintain product and market knowledge -- analyze and keep on top of market trends across your portfolio
- Lead cross-functional teams to realize product concepts and bring them to market. Work with customers and internally to define and refine product requirements
- Perform best practice research and benchmarking. Conduct competitive analysis and develop a strong understanding of stakeholders to drive development decisions.
- Develop and execute tactical plans.
- Act as product evangelist, both internally and externally
To bring your dream to life, you will need:
- 6+ years related experience in software or hardware product development
- 3+ years of experience in product management
- Experience in a product manager or engineering leadership role, successfully delivering products to market
- Experience building secure software products with a cross functional global engineering team
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing
- Demonstrates tenacity and a commitment to deliver and to be accountable for results
- Experience in fast-paced environments with overlapping projects and deliverables
- Ability to foster open communication, influence others, and write and speak effectively
- Ability to think clearly, analyze qualitative data, problem-solve, and prioritize
- Passion for cyber security
- Experience with DevOps product development mindset and methodology
- Knowledge of Cloud Native technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack
- Knowledge of various hosted software stacks across Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with multiple deployment models - on premise, cloud, or hybrid
- Experience with security conscious cloud deployments, such as Amazon Gov Cloud and standards like FedRAMP
- Background in data center design, requirements, or operation
- Background in software defined networking
- Knowledge of security architectures, cryptography, and secure communication protocols
- Experience with secure development lifecycles
Working in Abu Dhabi
Just off the Arab Gulf and right at the edge of your imagination, is a place where geniuses make their cyber security dreams come true. At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working in the DarkMatter Group. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.