Job description / Role
Provide front line product support to customers utilizing modern computer-based hardware, software & debug tools in the analysis & resolution of reported problems within manufactured hardware & software products. Work with engineering, production, quality & sales staff throughout the life cycle of the product to promptly analyze & resolve customer needs. This position requires significant amount of independence, technical problem solving in avionic hardware component & software applications
- Maintain familiarity with the design and operation of current and newly released products.
- Interface with current customers at all levels, as required, for the diagnosis and resolution of field failures or problems.
- Assist personnel to identify and resolve challenges arising during the production phase and subsequent field use of products.
- Where necessary and feasible, implement simple changes in hardware and / or software design and related documentation to correct noted problems.
- Work with internal research and development personnel as required in implementing complex changes to existing products.
- Research and recommend solutions for component availability/ reliability issues arising during the life cycle of the product.
- Assist internal and external Technical Publications personnel with the description of product functions, operation, testing and troubleshooting procedures.
Generate documentation, as required, to support the modification and verification of released hardware and software designs including, but not limited to:
- Product and software design specifications
- Test specifications and reports
- Operating Manuals and User’s Guides
- Service Bulletins, Service letters & FAQ’s
Interface with other internal and external personnel including, but not limited to:
- External vendor representatives and support personnel
- Production and Quality personnel
- Engineering personnel
- Sales personnel
- Complete moderately complex tasks in a timely fashion with minimal supervision.
- Travel to customer locations to meet needs and provide solutions.
- Commitment to comply with the requirements of the Quality System Manual
- Continual improvement of the quality management systems effectiveness
- Maintain commitment to the company and its values
- Team work during day to day operations is the most important aspect of the position while taking direction from the Manager of Customer Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to interpret wiring diagrams
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time within
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.