Job description / Role
• Production engineer will deal with managerial and operational tasks.
• This job involves reviewing operational plans, ensuring machinery and processes meets compliant regulations, and fixing any mechanical issues that arise with the equipment.
• This can be quite a physically demanding role, with long hours spent standing or crawling.
• This job is well suited to great problem-solvers who have mechanical skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
• Manage daily operations and machines in the production yard including Molding, Expansion, & Recycling of Expanded Polystyrene.
• Coordinate and report to line manager for raw materials requirement planning and handling as well as all other aspects.
• Manage EPS finished blocks yard and beads silos.
• Ensure safety and efficiency of the facility.
• Test and monitor plant process and adhere to recommended safety requirements.
• Remain in compliance with facility ISO standards and all HSE guidelines
• Prepare, analyze, and issue production and performance reports
• Control production cost to achieve company’s assigned targets.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive preventative maintenance program in coordination with Maintenance manager
• Review daily production plans and ensure that the estimated cost tie in within the budget and production target has been achieved
• Develop working instructions, workmanship standards and process documents, and to ensure that they are followed.
• Improve continually existing operation, for increased quality, productivity, efficiency and cost savings.
• Investigate operational problems affecting production, reporting and recommending solutions and conduct root cause analysis
• Manage manufacturing documentation required for product manufacturing.
• Provide manufacturing data i.e. production reports analyzing, machines capabilities, to improve manufacturing process and measure progress to target
• Identify ways to reduce production costs through recommendations – i.e. new process equipment, equipment justification to improve performance
• Work with other relevant departments to determine estimated costs, run time, cost reduction and close the feedback loop
• Train and supervise staff on new development processes and technology
• Establish a training and quality culture
• Develop and implement plans to improve substandard performance on equipment.
• Handle workload to ensure established service levels are achieved all the times.
• Improve the production efficiency and introducing efficient production methods.
• Support and lead continuous improvement by performing production line posture analysis, daily reports.
• Perform the product BOM consumption and responsible for following and minimizing material consumption.
• Manage the workers according the production shift schedule and working machines.
• Manage and estimating the required raw materials by scheduling and analysis of the system.
• Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates and efficiencies
• Improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
• Work with equipment designers and manufacturing officers to develop a cost-effective and working production process.
• Evaluate each station of the production process to maintain optimum efficiency
• Enforce all safety policies on the production floor
• Create and oversee employee training to increase production, enhance safe operations and ensure profitability
• Inspect products for quality and accuracy prior to delivery
• Maintaining communication between management and employees to ensure that necessary policies are understood and followed
• Ensure that the flow of resources like raw materials is maintained and that production items are delivered as needed and used properly and efficiently
• BSc in Chemical or Industrial Engineering.
• 3 to 5 Experience working as a supervisor in a manufacturing plant.
• Result and detail-oriented and driven.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Teamwork & skills.
• Awareness about Microsoft office.
• Awareness about cost saving and time motion studies, resource planning, managing daily and weekly records.
About the Company
STYRO Insulation Mat. Ind. L.L.C was founded in 2000, producing and installing complete Expanded Polystyrene Solutions in the UAE and MENA region. It is therefore considered the number one EPS manufacturer in the region as the market leader and main supplier of all EPS products.
STYRO is present heavily all over the UAE and Oman and GCC with plans to expand further in the region to reach all MENA region. We currently run two plants with a total surface area of 44,000 m^2, where approximately 250 technicians and workers are employed full time. We have a strong focused vision on sustainable growth and constant stability. We are achieving that by improving our business with continuous technical research and support through our Customer Service and R&D teams.
Our hand-picked staff ranges between engineers, experienced sales executives, vibrant marketing team and best customer service representatives who are all focused on satisfying our client's needs and provide the best pre/post-sales service experience possible to our valued customers.
Plant Manager/Production Manager
Abdullah A. AlMoosa Enterprises
Chemist & Process Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||5 Apr|
RTC-1 Employment Services