Job description / Role
The Production Manager is responsible for leading day to day operations of a processing location/area to drive continuous improvement in the areas of safety, quality, productivity and customer satisfaction. Provides leadership to supervision and employees and ensures they have the proper tools to perform their job safely and efficiently.
• Actively participates in the site’s safety and quality management programs.
• Participates and practices Lean Manufacturing practices to include Six Sigma, 8D Problem Analysis.
• Prepares and reviews any and all production, safety and quality reports. Develops action plans with team members as needed for problem resolution.
• Establishes and implements improvements for cost reduction, quality assurance and production.
• Directs and assists with developmental or experimental activities.
• Works with employees to get their input for problem resolution to production issues/efficiencies utilizing problem-solving tools and skills as needed.
• Reviewing Key Performance Indicators (Daily, Weekly and Monthly) to ensure facility is on track to meet overall departmental objectives.
• Meets with Planning and Operations team members to discuss production schedules and changes in the schedule that are needed. Works with supervision to ensure vacancies are covered for vacations or any absences related to fulfilling production schedule requirements.
• Interfaces with customers and suppliers, visits both as necessary.
• Implements proactive and corrective maintenance practices relating all production equipment. This includes scheduling any production line maintenance (major or minor) as needed for location.
• Develops and ensures sites have an effective preventative maintenance program and they are adhering to it.
• Ensures plants are meeting the cycle time requirements to meet throughput objectives.
• Ensures employees are properly trained in all aspects of their jobs to include safety, quality and production.
• Makes decisions regarding work processes or operational plans and schedules in order to attain operational objectives.
• Performs other duties as assigned
USD 5,500 to 8,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Bachelor degree in Engineering or Operations Management, Masters desired
• Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in operations, maintenance, engineering and/or process improvement roles including managing teams of people
• Previous experience working in a food processing factories
• Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification a plus
• Strong understanding of mechanical equipment
About the Company
C-suite is a lifetime online-to-offline-to-online learning platform for executives, where management becomes leadership. It is an exclusive community hub, a social network, a news and views forum and a recommendation engine – in the coming ExecTech wave.
Super-serving Singapore and Asia, but in a global context, our mission is: “To help managers become high-performing leaders. To help leaders become better managers. To help aspirational professionals join the C-suite ranks. And, as a result, to help businesses win.”
We do so through a paid-for app, virtual gatherings, real-world conferences and much more besides. Our focus is to support the three pillars of community, content and connectivity.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Big Fish Recruitment
|Abu Dhabi||11 Apr|
Assistant Production Manager
|Saudi Arabia||6 Apr|
Plant General Manager (Pressure Vessels)
|Saudi Arabia||24 Mar|
Innovative Foods Company