Job description / Role
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Performs troubleshooting (Electrical/ Mechanical) on production equipment as required.
- Assists in making adjustments or mechanical repairs to production equipment.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies required for assigned area.
- Performs record keeping duties as required under the direction of management.
- Works in compliance with standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Dismantles, cleans, sanitizes and assembles manufacturing equipment according to established procedures to ensure GMP compliance and meet department changeover targets in support of department and productivity goals.
- Operates computerized control panel/Human Machine Interface (HMI) to monitor the process
- Effectively processes batches within specifications to meet department batch execution targets by ensuring optimal run rates in support of schedule adherence
- Safely operates all required equipment and machinery including those used to manufacture, store, clean and transport production related assets
- Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunction, need for repair, adjustment or lubrication (Cleans and sanitizes process equipment as required)
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in a manufacturing environment (Batching-Automation- Filling-Labeling- Packaging)
- Filling and labeling machine experience is required
- Electrical / Mechanical background is required (Technical background (Mech/Elec)
- Previous manufacturing experience within Food/Pharmaceutical Industry is an asset
- Basic GMP and GDP knowledge, and execution of batch record and protocols
- Demonstrated organization skills and proven attention to detail/accuracy
- Positive, reliable and hard-working attitude
- Self-Managed team player with a positive attitude exhibiting cooperation, communication, flexibility and initiative to acquire functional skills
About the Company
Nihon Kohden is Japan's leading manufacturer, developer and distributor of medical electronic equipment with subsidiaries in the USA, Europe and Asia and distributors in nearly every country in the world.
Our major product lines for export are patient monitors, electroencephalographs, evoked potential and electromyograph systems, electrocardiographs, defibrillators, and hematology analyzers. Nihon Kohden equipment is well known for its quality and ease of use.
Nihon Kohden actively contributes to the advance of medical technology. Nihon Kohden researchers have published valuable research in some of the world's most prestigious medical, engineering and scientific journals. Nihon Kohden has significantly contributed to the advancement of modern medical treatment with many innovative products and technologies. Pulse oximetry, the technology to noninvasive measure oxygen in the blood, was invented by Dr. Takuo Aoyagi, a Nihon Kohden scientist.
In addition to supplying the world with our own high quality medical equipment, Nihon Kohden imports outstanding overseas products into Japan. Our wide range of imported equipment includes cardiology, urology, respiratory care, anesthesiology, emergency care, sports medicine and rehabilitation. Our extensive domestic sales network consists of over 650 direct sales staff with over 100 offices throughout the country.
Founded in 1951, our mission is to improve the quality of life through advanced medical technology.