Professional Support Lawyer Corporate/Commercial
Job description / Role
A chance to be the key knowledge management resource for the Corporate/Commercial practice. An opportunity to promote a culture of knowledge sharing while implementing a strategy for generating, extracting and collating knowledge for the team.
A leading regional firm
As a Professional Support Lawyer within the corporate/commercial team, you will be responsible for the following:
* Manage knowledge and learning for the practice group
* Liaise with the team on the development of precedents, templates, practice notes and legal opinions.
* Provide technical and academic legal input for the preparation of articles, legal commentaries, client briefings and other marketing materials.
* Keep fee earners abreast of any developments in the law, with new caselaw, legislation and statutory instruments.
* Supervise the development of knowledge documentation, precedents, and other know-how resources.
* Assist with encouraging associates to embrace a culture of knowledge sharing.
* Organise and deliver practice-facing and client-facing training programmes.
* A competitive salary
* A supportive PSL Department
* A chance to work within a fantastic corporate/commercial team
* Qualified lawyer with a minimum of 5 years PQE
* A minimum of 2 years working as a PSL or within knowledge management
* Experience conducting corporate transactions
* A background within a leading international or regional law firm
* Current or previous experience in a client-facing role
* Technical excellence
* Bilingual is an advantage but not essential; and
* Ideally common law qualified
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.