Job description / Role
- The College of Education at the UAE University invites applicants for an Associate/Full Professor position in Educational Leadership in the Department of Educational Foundations.
- Teach graduate courses in the masters and doctoral educational leadership program
- Advise/mentor masters and doctoral students with thesis and dissertations
- Teach and develop online courses
- Work with the Assistant Dean for Research and Graduate studies to improve program offerings
- Develop interdisciplinary partnerships/collaborations with other academic units
- Teach undergraduate courses in the foundation curriculum
- Engage in college, department and university committees
- Develop and maintain a program of scholarly research and productivity related to educational leadership and schooling
- Engage in grant writing
- Develop partnerships with schools
- Offer university and community workshops on leadership
- Applications must have an earned doctorate in educational administration/leadership; prior leadership experience at the k-12 level is preferred; established program of research/scholarly activity; prior graduate/undergraduate teaching experience; experience with technology & learning; experience advising/mentoring graduate students; experience with standards and leadership preparation; experience/knowledge of research methods is preferred.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.