Job description / Role
Program and Events Manager SAP for Expo 2020 Dubai Job
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Limited Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
The Program and Events Manager plans, arranges and oversees events. S/he runs a team to assist in behind-the-scenes operations ensuring that no hitches or malfunctions occur before, during and after the event. These managers are also responsible for advertising and building up events, using tested marketing, advertising and communication strategies. The Program and Events Manager uses expertise and management skill to handle the creative, electronic, technical and logistical dimensions of event planning and apply them in design sets, audience accommodation, audio-visual output, editorial script, logistics, fund allocation and customer service. The role of the event program manager is to act as a coordinator and report weekly on all projects. They supervise and organize activities and ensure that project goals align with SAP's and partners objectives. In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have prior experience in both program management and team management. A Bachelor's degree or major experience is required.
- The Program and Events Manager oversees all logistics of the events, including tasks such as hiring caterers, decorators, builders, entertainers, and staff; managing everyone on the team, and ensuring all furniture, decorations and designs are properly set with signs properly displayed.
- Event project managers also communicate with hotels or other accommodation and transportation services to drive special guests to and from the event.
- They also manage the budget, keep financial records, documents, receipts and invoices of all purchases and adhere to all local ordinances, codes, statutes, rules and regulations. Finally, Program and Events Manager's plan the event while following safety precautions to avoid accidents and injuries.
Education and Training Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or master's in business or related field.
- Proven experience in Program/Project Management of large-scale events.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience managing a team.
- Competency in MS Project, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Deep understanding of Project Management requirements and reporting.
- Knowledge and Skills Requirements .
- Management, logistical, business, budget, multi-tasking, communication and problem- solving skills are very essential skills needed to become an effective event program manager.
- Event program managers work office hours, evening work is needed as events can be held at night and on weekends.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company. SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.