Job description / Role
If you are an experienced supply chain professional with a passion to innovate and contribute in a fast paced growing environment- you might be a good fit to join Amazon Supply chain team.
This role involves driving critical decisions with cross functional teams and senior leadership and demands strong program management skills along-with an ability to drive data driven discussions. The candidate is expected to have exceptional analytical, planning and written/verbal communication skills along with preferred experience in Forecasting, Sales & Operations Planning and Inventory management.
• Set up robust processes to improve medium/short term forecasting with an objective to minimize cost and maximize customer/seller experience
• Support the business growth in constrained environments with Frugal and innovative solutions
• Make the existing processes scalable by identifying and implementing available tools/automation
• Rollout best practices from other geographies/ companies to minimize end to end supply chain losses
• Uilize exceptional problem-solving and communication skills to influence business, operations and technical audiences
• Program manage and drive decision making across cross functional teams and senior leadership
• Candidate must be independent and flexible, with solid communication skills and a strong customer focus.
• Outstanding analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
• Must be detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on issues.
• Must have ability to work in cross functional, cross geographical teams and drive decisions.
• Candidate must have basic Supply Chain and Planning knowledge through work experience or coursework.
• Proficiency in SQL, Microsoft Excel and basic programming skills.
• 2 Years experience in Supply Chain/Operations
• Engineering Degree, Masters in Management studies or MBA.
• Experience in managing Supply Chain/ Logistics management
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.