Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
This is a key role in the transformation of CBD's Compliance efforts. The role is responsible for establishing the detailed work-plan to achieve a gold standard in compliance, drive each workstream in that work-plan, and independently report a point of view to senior stakeholders on its progress, own the governance behind the workstreams, and take ownership of ensuring that these are delivered with high quality.
- Managing Project(s), their interdependencies, resourcing and any proposed changes which may affect project priorities
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all senior business unit stakeholders including Department Heads and external vendors as required and ensuring effective project communications
- Identifying resourcing needs in line with the project plan
- Support in Steering Committees with Executive Committee membership to ensure strategically important changes to remain on track for delivery
- Ensure accuracy of project charters (including change impact assessments and project plans), business requirement documents and project reviews
- Consulting on business cases and UAT strategies undertaken by the business units and advising General Managers and direct reports on same
- Overseeing translation of business analysis, requirements definition and business case production into practical implementation
- Managing senior stakeholders in uncovering and resolving potential conflicts or disagreements about project priorities
- Designing effective strategies to ensure project implementation and change control (e.g. Training and Communications)
- Ensuring project resources are appropriate to enable the necessary operational and strategic capability
- Providing support and guidance to the respective BU / Department to enhance the effectiveness of project and change management and supporting governance within the BU / Department
- Ensure access to sensitive information pertaining to the Bank, and ongoing and future projects are maintained in strict confidence
- Comply with the latest guidelines of the Central Bank of UAE
- Contribute to successful internal audits and ensure timely closure of audit points through realignment of procedures
Minimum Bachelor's degree
- Post graduate in business management is a plus
- 5years of banking experience - Compliance business function experience preferred
- 7+ years of experience in projects / change management; preferably in a financial institution
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent understanding of project management fundamentals (Prince2/PMP certification is a plus)
- Hands-on knowledge and experience executing and managing complex cross functional WBG banking projects
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Able to multi-task and work under stress in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Capable of shuffling priorities as needed
- Proven experience of translating business analysis, requirements definition and business case production into practical implementation
- Proven capability to manage stakeholders at all levels and maintain effective working relationships
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.