Job description / Role
Our client, an events management and semi-government organization based in Abu Dhabi, is currently looking for a Program Manager - Education. In this role you will plan, develop, deliver and evaluate educational arts, culture and capacity building programs with schools, universities and the wider artistic and entrepreneurial community. You will use your creativity and skills to maximize opportunities for the organization to drive the strategic expansion of arts education throughout the UAE. Provide strong and varied programs to enhance access to the arts and culture inspiring participation for children, young people, students and emerging artists to be at the forefront of making Abu Dhabi a cultural capital.
Other responsibilities you will be handling are:
• Responsible for coordinating the educational department’s functions and resources, and ensure that all activities are executed efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner.
• Responsible for delegating and monitoring the functions, goals, objectives and programs of the Education Section.
• Prepare reports for the Sr. Manager – Education & Community Development on the overall performance of the Education Section and on individual projects and programs.
• Contribute to the annual business planning process for the Education Section.
• Review and evaluate the work of staff under your supervision, and ensure that resources are used effectively and that all activities comply with policies and procedures.
• Advise the Sr. Manager – Education & Community Development on the progress of all work under their control.
• Ensure the availability of required resources to carry out all the tasks related to the Education Section including planning and executing recruitment of temporary personnel and volunteers.
• Perform periodic performance appraisals for the team within the Community and Education department.
• Identify training needs of self and staff and ensure that all staff acquire the required skills and knowledge through appropriate training programs.
• Identify educational development programs/ events for schools and universities across the UAE, such as seminars, lectures, symposiums, education, concerts, workshops etc.
• Develop program concept identifying key external and internal stakeholders, logistical, infrastructure and physical resources required etc.
• Liaise effectively with the production department to ensure that they have all of the information they require to deliver a successful event.
• Collaborate with the production department to plan, deliver and monitor effective event delivery across the full range of education programs/ events ensuing value for money and best practice in event delivery.
• Develop the concept and outline of educational development program/ event including but not limited to drafting the project plan and developing the project budget.
• Draft the viability study of the educational development program/ events and forward Sr. Manager – Education & Community Development for review and approval.
• Conduct meetings. discussions and roadshows with schools and universities across UAE, building strong working relationships with the organization’s partners for educational development programs/ events and projects.
• Compile and review the annual program/ calendar of events for schools and universities and forward to Sr. Manager – Education & Community Development for approval.
• Compile and review the annual budgets for educational programs/ events for schools and universities and forward to Sr. Manager – Education & Community Development for review and approval.
• Manage relations with external stakeholders (partnerships/ alliances with leading national and international arts organizations, educational institutions, artists, writers, speakers, cultural entities, government entities, special needs institutions and individuals) participating in the educational development programs/ events for schools and universities across UAE.
• Coordinate with Legal Advisor in the preparation of contracts for external stakeholders, partners/ alliances (e.g. educational institutions, arts & music companies/ nonprofit organizations, artists & individuals, government, etc.
• Brief the production and marketing team to enable them to manage all the activities related to logistical requirements of the educational development programs/ events.
To be considered for the role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Culture or Event Management or equivalent.
• A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in an Arts or Education/ public/ private organization/ foundation
• Strong Communication Skills and Flexible Personality
• Willing to work outside normal working hours as well (9:00AM to 6:00PM, Sunday – Thursday)
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Education and Community Manager
|Abu Dhabi||25 Jul|
Marketing Manager - Education
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||29 Jul|
Academic Quality Assurance Coordinator
Abu Dhabi University
|Abu Dhabi||16 Jul|
Marketing & Business Development Executive