Job description / Role
The key purpose of this job is to lead a team of product managers to strategically manage the product portfolio, develop and maintain product programs, and manage pricing to deliver budgeted parts revenue and profitability.
- To manage the product portfolio by ensuring targeted revenue, profitability, coverage to support both GM and non GM applications and ensuring competitiveness and profitability of the Dealers/Distributors.
- Maintain and enhance existing programs by ensuring revenue and profit delivery, new product additions to maintain current coverage and a wider distribution appeal.
- Work with the field team to identify new product opportunities and work with Aftermarket Product Center (APC) or CCA-US to bring them to market.
- Devise product promotions from time to time engaging suppliers in the process.
- Monitor overall parts profitability by strategically managing parts pricing.
This position heads a department that has the following core goals
- Formulate the product and program strategy.
- Be the center of expertize for product and business planning.
- Drive Revenue by ensuring that field team is adequately equipped with product information.
- Deliver contribution margin by effective management of costs and pricing.
- Develop a timed comprehensive and profitable product and channel plan
- Get internal and external stakeholders on board
- Structure the program/channel mix so as to ensure revenue and profit delivery
- Identify opportunity areas for future growth
- Identify laggards in the portfolio and recommend corrective action.
- Monitor program performance on a monthly basis
- Ensure program viability at all times
- Monitor prices and costs to ensure revenue and profitability
- Benchmarks prices against competitors on a regular basis with the objective to be defined in the strategy set up.
- Identify coverage gaps (both GM and non GM applications) to expand revenue and profit opportunity
- Ensure timely promotional activity with supplier participation whenever possible
- Engage and motivate field sales team to execute the program objectives
New Program Development
- Identify new opportunities to increase revenue and profit opportunity
- Actively seek, generate and evaluate ideas for a portfolio of product group with timing that allows realistic implementation.
- Work with the Aftermarket Product Center (APC) and support the RFQ process to develop new program.
- Work closely with CCA-US to identify programs relevant to the region and release the same.
- Determine program matrix to monitor performance.
Parts Pricing Strategy
- Ensure overall parts profitability
- Manage the Basket Parts Pricing exercise by benchmarking competitors to ensure a competitive cost of service for GM vehicles
- Work closely with finance on strategic parts pricing to generate incremental profitability.
- Support the new vehicle launches by ensuring timely availability of competitive basket parts pricing.
- Support the parts business planning process
- Develop Terms of Sales recommendations.
- Support the business planning process.
- Develop business plan packs for volume discussions with dealers.
- Manage the PRG process in coordination with Finance to facilitate timely program approvals ensuring that all stake holders are aligned.
- Support Global Brand Protection Team and Legal from a business stand point
- Develop the brand protection strategy
- Work with Global team to identify counterfeits from alerts received from Outside Investigation Agencies
- Participate in Training and Seminars organized for government agencies
- Work with marketing to develop POS for brand protection
- Develop an enthusiastic and knowledgeable team who are capable and committed.
- Use Lominger to assess attributes and to drive discussion on making the most of Strengths and to work on areas for improvement.
- Be available an open minded as a manger to encourage honest communication.
- Encourage diversity in opinion and operating styles.
- Ensure the roles and responsibilities are clearly defined by reviewing JD’s on a regular basis.
- Ensure that the headcount budget is sufficient to allow for an appropriate work / life balance.
- College degree preferably in engineering but not a must
- Preferably Post-graduate degree in business administration (MBA)
- Ten plus years professional experience in automotive parts, batteries, tires or lube oil industry – preferably in sourcing, marketing; selling would be an advantage
- Strong computer literacy (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) required
- General Automotive Product Knowledge
- Awareness of the Parts Independent Aftermarket
- Portfolio Management
- Strong communication skills to engage Field, other functions and Dealers
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal presentation skills
- Business acumen required to appraise and develop new business direction.
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Agility
- Sense of urgency
- Building Effective Teams
About the Company
General Motors Company (NYSE:GM, TSX: GMM), one of the worlds largest automakers, traces its roots back to 1908. GM and its strategic partners produce cars and trucks in 31 countries, and sell and service these vehicles through the following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Holden, Isuzu, Jiefang, Opel, Vauxhall and Wuling. GMs largest national market is China, followed by the United States, Brazil, the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada and Russia. GMs OnStar subsidiary is the industry leader in vehicle safety, security and information services.
With its global headquarters in Detroit, GM employs 209,000 people in every major region of the world and does business in more than 120 countries. GM is headquartered in four major locations: GM Europe; North America (GMNA); South America; and GM International Operations (GMIO) is located in Shanghai, China. GMIO covers Asia Pacific and Middle East.
GM Middle East started in 1920s and the brands that are sold in the region are Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC supported by a unique set of customer-focused services. GM parts and accessories are sold under the GM Parts and ACDelco brands. The regional office in Dubai covers the companys operations in Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Yemen in 20 dealerships.
GM has 2 facilities here in Middle East one is in Dubai World Trade Centre and the other, Middle East Distribution Corporation, which is located in Jebel Ali.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Product & Marketing Manager