Job description / Role
Due to continued success in the country we are now seeking an experienced Programme Director to join our already established team in Abu Dhabi. You will be responsible for a leading a client-side project delivery team to successfully manage a portfolio of medium sized projects across the Emirate. Key to this is the development and implementation of delivery strategies in conjunction with Procurement, Commercial and Project Controls teams. The successful delivery of projects on program, within budget, and in accordance with the quality expectations of the project stakeholders and end-users.
- Leading the team through the full project life cycle, from pre-concept / feasibility stage through design, procurement, construction, to project handover including DLP.
- Defining benefits management plans and establishment of performance management tools and key performance indicator reporting aligned with programme strategy.
- Manage interdependencies and coordination across projects within the programme to ensure that information relating to project deliverables, risks and issues are effectively communicated between stakeholders and that key performance indicators are monitored and evaluated.
- Identify and define the major strategic issues for the organisation and integrate diverse stakeholder interests with the broader agenda to inform the development and prioritisation of initiatives and to proactively understand and mitigate risks.
- Define governance strategies and organisational policies to enable the strategic coordination of multiple projects and initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of projects.
- Foster collaborative and mutually supportive relationships with project leaders and senior stakeholders, assess cross-functional project team capability, provide coaching, training and support to enhance the project/program management capability, and improve collaborative development and project results.
- Ensuring implementation and compliance with the company Integrated Management System.
- Develop organisational breakdown structures and human resourcing requirements including formal routes of reporting and internal team development appraisals.
- Manage the fee commission on behalf of the business including fulfilling technical and scope obligations of the consultancy contract.
- Effective management of internal job costing in relation to the fee and of resource requirements.
- Service delivery to clients and act as primary interface, ensuring Faithful+Gould secure the client's confidence.
- Identifying new and innovative project management approaches and tools and embed these in the behaviour and day to day activities of the organisation's operations
Experience & Qualifications:
The successful candidate must have:
- A minimum of 20 years' project management experience, with proven project experience in successful execution of hospitality, sports and leisure projects within the UAE.
- Proven leadership experience and demonstrated an ability to manage high performing teams to overcome obstacles and to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Productive supervision of subordinates including adequate planning, monitoring and control
- Ability to manage a team on major/complex programmes/projects.
- Effective team control and building of team spirit/culture.
- Management of resources through collaboration with business leaders.
- Ability to represent Faithful+Gould at executive level meetings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of overall PMO requirements and the ability to advise client's knowledgably on overall project management issues
- Demonstrate effective leadership and high commitment in order to achieve goals
- Minimal requirement of Degree in relevant discipline from a reputable University.
- Excellent communications skills; including report writing and presentation skills
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- 25 calendar days annual leave (based on 5 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover.
- Company gratuity scheme.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin.
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.