Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East and North Africa hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
Programme Director - Infrastructure
Your responsibilities will include:
• Being an accountable to the successful delivery of the programme.
• Providing a regional level reporting against programme.
• Providing vision, leadership and strategic direction for the programme.
• Delivering the strategy of the programme through creation of the right interfaces and interactions.
• Ensuring adequate and appropriate resources for the programme.
• Ensuring effective communication through the programme and through good stakeholder management.
• Facilitating the translation of strategy into infrastructure planning and delivery across the programme.
• Maintaining high standards of health and safety.
• Ensuring appropriate, accurate financial management and control for all projects.
• Complying with all protocols, policies and procedures in relation to all staff related matters.
• Promoting continuously and making an influence of a positive safety culture.
• Providing a coherent report performance against the plan to the client and regional management.
• Acting as the public face of the programme to external stakeholders.
• Chairing executive steering group meetings.
• Providing leadership to balance value, quality, time and cost drives in order to optimise the programme.
• Guiding, inspiring, motivating and encouraging a high performing team environment.
• Providing strategic direction, governance and leadership.
• Establishing procedures across programme to enable continuous learning.
• Engaging with HR on all aspects of recruitment and personnel management.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Minimum of 20 years professional experience.
• Working experience in Abu Dhabi, UAE is required for client approval.
• Major infrastructure project experience.
• Practical knowledge of construction techniques, including buildings and infrastructure.
• Extensive programme/project management experience.
• A current leadership role or recent proven leadership ability of very large teams.
• Proven ability to motivate and lead large, multicultural and international teams.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with both the empathy and ability to work closely with peers and external stakeholders.
• Ability to build, develop and integrate within teams.
• Good IT skills.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills.
• A relevant degree qualification
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Project Manager
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Currie & Brown
|Ras Al Khaimah||3 Sep|
Project Controls Director - Infrastructure Contractor
Project Director - Tunneling and Rail
|Abu Dhabi||29 Aug|