Job description / Role
Our client, an events management organization is currently looking for a Programme Manager (Anti-Corruption) who will be responsible for designing and executing programmes and activities. The candidate will be tasked with developing programmes to support the organisation's strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long-term goals.
The candidate will also be in charge of developing budgets and operating plans for programmes and writing programme funding proposals. In order to be successful in this role, candidates will require prior experience in both programme management and team management. The ideal candidate has a very strong interest in topics around corporate governance, corporate accountability, anti-corruption, and reporting business practices in the Gulf Region.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Engage in concept design, development, planning, budgeting, proposal preparation, negotiation, execution and delivery of collaborative action programmes across the Gulf Region
• Hold responsibility for collaborative action programmes by building networks of taskforce participants from the private sector, civil society, academia, international institutions and semi-government bodies
• Establish networks of business and other executives to actively engage in their respective programmes portfolio
• Write programme funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of programmes
• Monitor, evaluate, and report on their programme portfolio deliverables, including design, plan, and measure baseline, progress updates, programme performance, impact assessment, and KPIs for their respective programmes
• Reach out to companies and business leaders in the region to gather information for the voluntary company assessments
• Work closely with the events and communication teams on the roundtable, forum, and training events for their respective programme portfolio from design to execution, including content development, speaker preparation, and session outcome reports for each event
• Work closely with the Head of Programmes and other Programme Managers within the team to establish strong relationships
• Organise programmes and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization
• Solicit inputs from key partner and member companies in order to design programmes which are of value to them
• Establish and work with a network of experts, academics, and strategic partners, to obtain their input into identifying and framing key strategic items for programmes
• Help develop ideas and contribute to forward-thinking discussions related to both public and private sector collaboration in the firm’s assorted areas of interest
• Analyse, develop insights, and synthesize quantitative data with qualitative interviews, workshop and research output
• Research, identify and approach potential programme knowledge partners
• Assist the Head of Programmes in gaining sponsorship for programmes, and help manage and fulfil sponsor expectations
• Write articles, thought leadership pieces, and progress summaries for publications
• Summarise and disseminate the latest thinking and analyses from around the Region in the areas of transparency, accountability, and best business practices
• Generate a wide variety of new online and offline content related to programme topic areas
In order to be successful in this role, candidates will require prior experience in both programme management and team management. The ideal candidate has a very strong interest in topics around corporate governance, corporate accountability, anti-corruption, and reporting business practices in the Gulf Region.
• A minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant experience
• Advanced large-scale collaborative programme management skills
• Fluent in English, including the perfect ability to write content in clear, structured, and compelling English. Arabic language skills are preferred
• Proven report structuring and writing skills
• Excellent networking, communications, presentation, persuasion, and community building skills
• Business-focused research, data collection, and analytical skills
• Must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of programme management and delivery
• Self-driven, motivated, resourceful, ability to anticipate and solve problems, persuasive and flexible in approach to work
• Must be able to demonstrate a knowledge and experience of corporate governance, accountability and reporting business practices in the Gulf Region
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.