Job description / Role
Responsible for designing; coding, testing, debugging and documenting in-house developed or purchased applications. Involvement in all the development lifecycle phases as required. Responsible to provide post-go live support.
- Work with the IT Coordinators or independent to support requirements gathering and analysis. This process encompasses studying and defining the business requirements and prioritization of features and functions of new or existing systems.
- Application coding as set in the approved requirement specifications document by the customer.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve all applications related issues.
- Support change management process in UITS and code documentation.
- Adhere to best practices in software development and provide the same assistance to other programmers as required.
- Translate flow charts, problem statements, and specifications into programming languages.
- Carry out specifications design that includes translating users' business requirements into a technical solution (functional and interface design).
- Sets up and supports all software testing.
- Assists in the release control process by supporting the systems administration team in the move of code from testing to production environment after completion and sign off on UAT.
- Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University.
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Strong programming knowledge of .NET, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, and Java.
- Experience with Oracle Developer (Forms and Reports).
- Ability to work effectively independently, and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of software engineering methodologies and techniques based on best practices.
- Knowledge of modular design and development practices.
- Application performance tuning techniques.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Oracle certification and knowledge of Banner ERP applications will be an advantage
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline.
- Minimum of three years of relevant core programming experience in an enterprise environment.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
TGC Consulting Middle East
Software Developer (POS)
RTC-1 Employment Services
Full Stack Software Developer
RTC-1 Employment Services