Job description / Role
Job Description for Project Accountant
- Has advanced knowledge of project accounting, providing support for the most complex and/or large scale projects.
- Makes recommendations for project improvement based on review of financial results and knowledge of project(s).
- Works with customers or clients to gather and provide information.
- May review contracts for additional service opportunities and assist in converting project proposal into project budget.
- Ensure that the financial and compliance terms of the contract are accounted, tracked, and recorded accurately.
- Accurate and timely project setup to facilitate proper revenue recognition in accordance with IFRS 15
- Review contracts and document a summary of the key terms, conditions and revenue recognition considerations
- Gather, track, analyze and report metrics relating to key initiatives and projects
- Month-end close activities including posting journal entries and performing account reconciliations and variance analyses for revenue and earnings
- Work collaboratively with program managers and delivery teams; serve as a business partner, communicating program updates timely and implementing creative solutions to project requirements
- Set up new projects based on approved format, assist with redlined contracts and route to proper departments for signatures.
- Accurately enter approved budgets
- Order and track lien waivers, insurance, preliminary notices and bonds (where applicable)
- Effectively communicate with PMs regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing; communicate with the PM.
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by Finance Manager and Vice-President Finance
- Solid understanding of IFRS 15
- General Ledger analytical skills required, project accounting experience a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong systems knowledge including advanced Excel skills
- Working knowledge of financial systems and reporting tools
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently
- Excellent customer service attitude and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to meet deadlines
- 5 + years of progressive experience working in accounting/finance
- 5 Years of Project accounting Experience
- S. degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA
- Experience working with multinational companies preferred
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.