Job description / Role
Be Part of a Global Firm Committed to a Sustainable World
Project Controls Engineer
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
The Project Controls Engineer is responsible for exercising a qualified level of proficiency in data capture/ calculation and analysis, performance measurement, forecasting, trends and variance analysis, and cost/ financial reporting for the sub-program level. In addition, this individual actively recommends cost control measures. The position receives work assignments and specific instructions from Program Controls Managers, Project Managers, and the Budget and Planning Manager and may act as the responsible cost planning/control representative on several projects with sole accountability for cost control, analysis and financial reporting requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Capture / calculate, analyze, report and recommend on project data including schedule, cost / budget, risk, quality, and safety.
• Undertake variance analysis and trends analysis on project data.
• Review commitments, expenditures, calculate accruals and develop forecasts for ETC and EAC.
• Develop cash flow forecasts.
• Support / perform integration of scope, cost and schedule within the WBS and ensure mapping is accurate on an on-going basis.
• Ensure WBS is up to date and accurate on an on-going basis.
• Perform Earned Value calculations relative to cost and schedule; provides overall performance measurement and related forecasting.
• Track and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and metrics including EV, variances, trends, production rates, etc.
• May produce and/or support probabilistic modelling through the use of software / computational algorithms.
• Maintain current cost control database.
• Review proposed schedule changes with construction personnel, client and contractors and assess impact on cost / budget.
• Oversee detailed engineering and construction project reports prepared by the CMA to ensure accuracy and consistency.
• Support the education of CMA / Contractor / Consultant staff in the Program Project Controls Requirements; enforce requirements.
• Promptly anticipate cost overages or other unsatisfactory cost elements and prepare cost exception reports.
• Maintain liaison with client's financial staff. Reconcile and coordinate cost data with client's financial system.
• Coordinate conceptual, preliminary and deliverable estimates for various design and construction projects and tasks in order to establish estimating history.
• Support, annually, a fiscal budget and past period cost performance report.
• Support, monthly, a consolidated program cost performance report.
• Must become proficient / expert level operator of Ares PRISM and/or other P&D cost control software applications.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or work-related equivalent.
• 10 years of related experience in scheduling, cost planning/control including close-out of engineering and/or construction projects.
• Experience in integrated reporting platforms combining multiple software applications a plus.
• Knowledge / experience using cost control software applications, Earned Value Methodology, cost controls, forecasting, trends analysis, and related cost / budget experience. Will be required to become proficient / expert level operator of cost controls software applications in use within the P&D / PMO.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Site Planning Engineer