Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
Job Purpose & Scope:
- Ensuring HSSEQ goals, objectives and targets are met through personal leadership and involvement.
- Safe delivery and handover of the Project to the Owner, sustainably, safely, on time, within budget, ensuring
that a quality product is produced that represents 'best value' for the Owner and their Stakeholders.
- Responsible for all Project Controls functions for the Project including coordinating with all Contractors on the
Project to ensure that all Project Controls related work products are prepared and completed in compliance with Project and Corporate standards and requirements.
- To ensure Project Controls personnel assigned to the Project are trained and are competent to perform their duties.
- To highlight in a timely manner any concerns and/or deviations from the Project schedule and cost to Project Management so mitigation measures can be identified and actioned.
- To provide functional assurance through guidance and advice in the development and implementation of processes, procedures and systems operating within the Project Controls function to meet Project requirements.
- To ensure the Project Controls function is resourced with the correct quality of resource to support the Project requirements to produce quality work products to ensure that the Project is completed within cost and
- To provide the necessary business assurance through auditing and monitoring of key performance indicators to
ensure the overall quality of Project execution is achieved.
- Champion the Project Safety culture, behaviors and engagement activities.
- Reports to PMC Project Manager and works under his direction.
- Manage the Project Controls resources required to deliver a cross functional Engineering Project.
- Ensures that Project Controls processes are consistently applied across the Project.
- Support the PMC Project Manager with progress reporting including schedule updates, forecast to complete, variance identification and opportunities for improvement.
- Day to day management of the PMC Cost Engineer and PMC Planning Engineer and to coordinate, monitor and or oversee activities from Quantity Surveying team within the EPC / FEED Contractor's team.
- Coordinate and monitor PMC team, Licensors, EPC / FEED Contractor, Owner's Operations/Site Interface Focal Point for the baseline schedule development, performance status and reporting, baseline change control, risk
management, earned value management and Project Controls guidance and implementation tools.
- Support PMC team, Licensors, EPC / FEED Contractor, Owner Operation/Site Interface Focal Point for program integration, governance, formats, plan optimization, and Project Controls best practice.
- Support and advise PMC team, Licensors, EPC / FEED Contractor, Owner Operation/Site Interface Focal Point on the definition of Project Controls and Earned Value Management policies, procedures and the standards required to deliver Projects.
- Ensure EPC / FEED Contractor's and Licensors compliance to contractual obligations with respect to schedule and
- Ensure compliance with the application of effective planning techniques and controls
- Manage Project governance to ensure robust cost and schedule performance for the agreed Scope of Work.
- Support and advise PMC team, EPC / FEED Contractor, Owner Operation/Site Interface Focal Point in the development of integrated Master Schedules for specific programs in Primavera and/or Microsoft Project that reflect all interface milestones and activity durations from multiple Contractors' schedules and feed changes to the integrated Master Schedule.
- Ensuring the Project Controls team within PMC and EPC / FEED Contractor produce Weekly and Monthly Progress reports in line with the Project and Owner's reporting calendar, providing details on progress, actuals, forecast and explanation of variances.
- Provide overall Project Controls management and guidance to the Project to ensure that the Project is completed on time and on budget.
- Provide Project Controls knowledge and experience to the Project.
- Lead all Project controls activities with respect to Planning, Cost Management, Risk Management and Estimating for the Project.
- Lead the review and approval of EPC / FEED Contractor's Project Controls procedures and modify as necessary to meet Project requirements and ensure that all approved EPC / FEED Contractor's procedures are implemented and verified on a regular basis.
- Lead Project Controls Team meetings and identify and assign staff to Project Controls positions consistent with individual's abilities and learning & development plans.
- Ensure the quality, timeliness and consistency of Project Controls work produced by the Project Controls team.
- Develop PMC WBS and CBS to effectively manage the Project schedule and cost.
- Develop PMC Project Controls procedures and maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures and standards.
- Preparation of the overall Project schedule, Project milestones and schedule basis in accordance with the execution strategies for management review and approval.
- Preparation of the overall Project budget based on the approved estimate.
- Develop and manage the Change Management process.
- Develop and manage the Risk Management process.
- Monitoring the progress of EPC / FEED Contractor to ensure schedule and cost compliance, identifying and taking corrective actions where necessary.
- Establish Project reporting requirements, cut off and issue dates for all Contractor and internal reports.
- Review and analyze Project progress and cost reports from EPC / FEED Contractor and report to key stakeholders in a timely manner, any slippages, Change Orders, overruns and critical path activities, underpinning the Project
- Management of Project float and contingencies.
- Participate in EPC / FEED Contractor audits as Project Controls function auditor.
- Analyze emerging situations in a timely manner to identify problems and evaluate appropriate course of action to remedy.
- Provide training to Project team members in Project Controls and Project execution systems and processes
- Experience of working within large - mega scope Refining and Petrochemical projects within a multidiscipline environment and of delivering work with global teams
- Strong understanding of cross-discipline work, interfaces, and sequencing for all phases of a project.
- Well versed in project setup, instituting work processes, monitoring a team, execution, and closeout.
- Experience in working on large - mega PMC Projects preferably in the MENA region.
- Experience in both FEED and EPC phase where managed Project Controls and led multinational team.
- Commercial awareness within professional services environment
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation
- Candidates must as a minimum have a BSc / BEng degree (or equivalent) in relevant Engineering discipline
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.