Project Coordinator / Manager - Operations
Job description / Role
Who we are:
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere. To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you will be doing:
The job holder of this position is responsible for the timely execution of a defined project within budget and quality, while achieving client's expectations.
As the Project Coordinator, this role requires high emotional intelligence, great influencing skills, in particular managing upwards, as well as initiative and autonomy to break down silos and ensure that all stakeholders are aligned regarding win-win solutions to achieve sponsored group priorities and vertical priorities.
The role holder is accountable to ensure projects accelerations, to foster collaboration within Operations and respective engagement with business, to drive initiatives and cross-functional projects in collaboration with Chief of Staff & Operations leadership team.
The role holder reports and works closely with the Chief of staff - Operations in managing the different Operations Committees.
The role holder prepares and leads meetings under the supervision of the Chief of Staff - Operations, whilst also conducting one-to-one meetings with key stakeholders to ensure adherence to plan and progress against objectives. The role holder supports strategic initiatives and reports on progress to Chief of Staff, and where necessary raise alerts where there is slippage.
- Follow all relevant Project Management policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Support Chief of Staff in developing, communicating, driving strategies and key initiatives in collaboration with commercial verticals with the aim of delivering Group priorities
- Provide oversight and value-added input on complex projects critical to sponsored Group Priorities and vertical priorities
- Follow up and report on the progress of key business objectives
- Key point of contact for critical dependencies (internal and external) flagging any current or future risk on deliverables
- Alert the Chief of Staff issues based on ever moving priorities
- Ambassador of the Chief of Staff in the wider vertical network
- In an organisational development approach, ensure that the Group's strategy is supported by the right governance, processes, systems and organisation
- Implementing key initiatives following the outcome of" Voice of the business" : define, implement and follow-up on tool to measure satisfaction and performance of enabling services within Operations
- At the request of the Operations leadership and in coordination with the stakeholders, drive projects that require collaboration
- Support the Chief of Staff in managing the different committees (Sponsored Group Priorities by President Operations, Ops Leadership Comex and Offsites, ...)
- Support the Chief of Staff in providing the President Operations with analysis, data, notes, talking points
- Build KPI's relevant to Operations and track them on a weekly basis to assess progress and surfacing them during the weekly Leadership meeting/
- Deep dive to understand challenges and hindrances
What you'll need to succeed:
- University Degree / PMP certification is a must
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
What we can offer you:
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.