Project Designer - Hospitality
ema. interior design
Job description / Role
As an ema. Project Designer you are able to plan, design, and furnish interiors of large scale, mid and luxury level projects, including hotels, casinos, restaurants and residences. Formulate design which is practical, aesthetic, and conducive to intended client purposes.
• Knowledge of local material resources preferred
• Proven experience in FF&E design development and documentation.
• Outstanding graphic presentation skills
• Works with Design Director and client to develop schematic FF&E design based on project criteria, program and budget
• Participates in presentation and ensures format is compatible with office and client standards
• Develops and maintain FF&E budget
• Serves as principal contact with purchasing agent
• Review sample, strike-offs, etc. for compliance with specifications and design intent
• Directs and reviews furniture plans for content and accuracy and insures that they fully coordinated with architectural, electrical, RCP and lighting plans and other consultants' drawings
• Coordinates presentation of artwork
• Coordinates FF&E installation with all parties involved
• Produce and coordinate finish schedule
• Direct education of Associate Designer staff and Interns in office standards and policy
• Make task assignments to Assistant Designers
• Responsible for revising specifications
• Develops schematic design from established project program and client needs
• Translates schematic design into design development drawings for use by production staff
• Participates in presentations as needed
• Assists in coordination of interior architectural documents with work of consultants and architects
• Prepares interior architectural specifications
The ideal candidate must meet the following qualifications to be considered:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited school of design.
• 5 - 8+ years’ experience with proven track record of leading the design of hospitality project.
• Strong planning abilities, including development of design concepts, knowledge of furniture and finishes, planning codes, and budgets.
• Self-starters with good verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong skills in client communication and presentations.
• Ability to work well with a team
• Passionate about design and driven towards creative solutions
• You must have first-hand knowledge of industry standard information technology – Auto CAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-Up etc.
About the Company
We stayed together because of the legacy we’ve built.
Our objective is simple - we want to elevate your experience.
ema. is a Dubai-based interior design studio, bringing together a team of exceptional talent & experience in the design and delivery of projects in the Middle East.
From luxury + lifestyle hospitality, food + beverage, premium residential and workplace projects, ema's emphasis is on creative excellence, documentation quality, superior project management and timely project completion.
ema. brings together regional and global expertise, meaning that each project includes people on the design team that understand and respect the social and cultural needs of the community they are designing for. Our service offers creative design solutions that are ‘on brand’ giving each project its unique personality.
As a firm, our commitment is to ensure that we are a sustainable practice. With a primary focus that centres around, creative innovation, talent development, maintaining and developing key client relationships and strategically positioning ema. to support and optimise our clients position in their respective sectors.
We work closely with our clients as a creative partner to extend their businesses performance through the power of creativity. ema’s approach to a design challenge isn’t based on whimsy or disingenuous decoration, it’s design that’s strategic and informed through a highly collaborative relationship that respects the client’s experience and knowledge.