Job description / Role
What you will do
The Project Development Engineer is a key role directly report to the Regional Sales Manager of HVAC Systems of the Middle East & Africa region. You will be based in Dubai to drive the overall process for application specifications and ensure our customers receive the best solution for their requirements. You will be part of a growing team and work in a multi-functional sales and development environment, you will be responsible to provide pre-sales and application support on the Applied Equipment (Chillers, AHUs, FCUs) to meet our business goals, generate growth, build dedicated customers, and maximize return on investment. Focus on the selection of Applied Equipment by using JCI software, interface effectively with operations to deliver and improve service delivery, and maintain established accounts through regular customer contact in pursuit of following sales.?
How you will do it
As a Project Development Engineer, you will provide technical product application support to sales teams in pursuit of Applied Equipment sales opportunities in the MEA region to power our customer's mission by utilizing the right equipment. A successful application engineering support will accomplish the team mission by providing Application & Quotation Support, Expert Solutions, and Product Applications Development with the below responsibilities:
* Respond to field sales inquiries related to application/technical/manufacturing capabilities in connection with product specifications
* Identify and guide field sales toward solutions necessary to meet customer requirements, and develop new special quotation offerings
* Support projects with requirements of several products and optimize the final scope of supply
* Review and evaluate special options requirements and support SQ (Special Quote) needs by providing cost and lead time estimates
* Guide field sales and key customers on system design approaches and enhance competitive advantage by specifying tailored equipment packages
* Monitor and offer formal comment on product/application relevant codes and standards
* Align field support with knowledge of Applied Products available in the market and with regional product teams, and provide the necessary material for application literature, product presentations, and training
* Deliver technical seminars, presentations on product changes and new products to field sales and key customers
* Collect and offer constructive feedback to global product teams on resources, tools, and documentation available to field sales and customers
What we look for?
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or equivalent
* Minimum of 4 years' experience in Applied Equipment (HVAC) Application Engineering, Product Engineering or Technical Support
* Experience in applied product selection process, preparing design specification and quotations
* Deep knowledge of the HVAC system, and strong industry experience in troubleshooting and diagnosing Commercial HVAC systems
* Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) as well as Internet software
* Determined, results-driven, strong sales drive
* Fluent language skills in both English & Arabic
About the Company
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 120,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.