Job description / Role
What you will do
The Project Development Engineer is a key role directly reporting to the Senior Tendering Manager of Energy Solutions. You will be based in Dubai to drive the business growth of Energy Solutions in the GCC region. As a Project Development Engineer of Energy Solutions, you will?perform energy assessments determines improvement areas, perform measurements, provides documentation of the recommended energy conservation measures, and calculates and verifies savings. Work closely with the Sales team for the technical and commercial development of Energy Solutions and Proposals.?
As a member of this team, you will work within a vibrant environment that provides a platform for you to use your experience to support the team with the pre-sales/estimation for energy solutions.
How you will do it
As an experienced Project Development Engineer for Energy Solutions you will use your knowledge in Energy Engineering processes (HVAC, Controls, Lighting, Solar, Water) to develop energy conservation measures, energy calculations for ROI, create energy solutions proposals which include financial task involved during detailed development of Energy offerings, other responsibilities include:
• Conducting on-site walk-through audits and field observations, collecting energy efficiency data, and analyzing the process of energy efficiency
• Inspect energy systems for HVAC, Controls, Lighting Systems to determine energy use or potential energy savings, also identify high energy consumption sources and design, develop and recommend, energy-efficient solutions. Prepare the Techno-Commercial offer, provide sales team technical assistance and guidance
• Gather key project parameters such as operating times, flows, energy consumption, temperatures, system operating characteristics, etc.
• Investigate, analyze, and document energy conservation and water cost reduction measures
• Conduct detailed engineering analysis including baseline profiles and retro-fit analysis.
• Design of ECMs, specifications, bill of quantities and sequences of operation, and prepare and present technical content, proposals, analysis, and Energy calculations
• Identify shortfalls in the projects and mitigate the associated risks.
• Participate in peer to peer review for engineering analyses and project costing, and various facets of energy auditing, energy calculations, and generating detailed energy reports regarding savings opportunities
• Create and develop M&V and project reports.
• Draft client proposal as a byproduct of benefit/cost analysis, and technical review and analysis as it relates to benefit and cost analysis
• Arrange quotations from sub-vendors and sub-contractors, estimating in-house product costs and estimating costs for engineering, labor, and project management
• Take initiative to understand and learn about existing and new energy-saving technologies and calculate and analyze the energy savings they create
What we look for
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Energy Engineering
• Minimum 5 years' of experience in Energy Performance Contracts/Energy Solutions Projects
• Energy auditing experience, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet project deadlines
• Excellent verbal, written, analytical, interpersonal, and presentation skills are required
• Strong communication, organizational, and planning skills
• Ability to prioritize work assignments and attention to detail
• Ability to travel
• Certification in CEM/CMVP
About the Company
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 120,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.