Job description / Role
- Provide leadership, business and technical judgment in the contractual negotiations of design and financials for all CPC projects
- Participate in completion of conceptual design, feasibility studies, design specifications, detailed engineering design, calculations, project budget costing, and liaison work and job tendering for a wide variety of projects.
- Manage the risk inherent in the Procurement Cycle through the implementation and maintenance of concise policies, processes, procedures and effective systems
- Take a leading role in the management and resolution of legal and/or commercial disputes in own area of expertise in conjunction with Commercial Management as appropriate.
- Review contractual claims reports, identify emerging problems and recommend solutions for implementation to Commercial management for authorization, as appropriate.
- Monitoring the work scope allocated in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with company reporting systems which includes explaining all variances to outturns, period forecasts, AFCs and budget/authority to Managing Partner.
- Review projects for unique challenges that will impact budget/profitability objectives utilizing present market conditions and trends.
- Nominate Project Managers to each project to participate in pre-construction design and planning, and construction execution
- Oversight of projects at a high level from beginning to end including budget, costs, unexpected events, forecast and monitor general performance, and overall progress against plan through identifying and implementing best construction practices and facilitating continual development within your team through effective coaching and mentoring.
- Oversight and coordination of all Company projects from beginning to end including budget, costs, unexpected events, forecasting and monitoring general performance, ensuring timely and effective cross-functional communication, problem solving and decision making to insure that the project’s outstanding issues are reconciled every thirty days.
- Approve the work breakdown structure and budget in accordance with estimates for cost control, and the works realization program.
- Mobilize, leverage and synergize resources required to implement and execute the business plan
- Set-up control mechanisms for monitoring and reporting progress to both the executive team and client.
- Provide leadership (mentoring and coaching) to Project Managers in highlighting potential challenges and in responding creatively to issue resolution affecting on schedule and under budget performance.
- Attend owner and project meetings, maintain continuous client contact to gauge performance perceptions and communicate relevant information to Project Team.
- Implementation of Project strategy for work scope including effective project cost management and deployment of managing consultants.
- Development of the short and long-term ‘rolling’ business strategy and plan, and continuous modifications, designed to support CPC’s vision and mission, and overall corporate strategic plan.
- Oversee all aspects of the division including production, profitability, client relations, field personnel, major issues, and client satisfaction.
- Ensure availability of all required resources and their effective utilization for each project
- Ensure the establishment of core business systems, processes, policies and SOPs related to the Project Division, so as to develop a profitable business and ensure effective company branding
- Establish and maintain harmonious relations with the Client and the Consultant, and network/ relationship building with strategic partners and suppliers/vendors
- Foster a continuous improvement ethos which ensures identification of improvement opportunities relating to existing systems, processes, quality standards and costs
- Coordination of Turnover Meeting between Engineering and Project teams, and all ‘gaps’ are acknowledged and handled
- Participate with the executive team in the selection and implementation of a suitable ERP system for the organization
- B.Sc. /B.E. Civil Engineering with minimum 12 years of experience (8 years in UAE) in overall supervision and Construction Management Projects exceeding AED150Million.
- 10 years experience in civil construction in GCC, 5 of which is on a management level managing large projects.
- The candidate must have a good knowledge of written and spoken Arabic and English.
- Thorough knowledge of construction costing, scheduling, line and grade (survey), estimating and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail evidenced by a strong command of all applicable contract and legal provisions impacting profitability on assigned projects
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills
- People management skills along with skills in strategic planning, risk management, and change management
- Good communication skills in English (verbal and written) including presentation skills.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management including techniques and tools.
- Advanced computer proficiency in MS Office, MS Project, Primavera and Prolog Manager
- Ability to motivate team to produce quality results within tight timeframes and simultaneous projects
- Able to rethink and improve current practices, to generate ideas and find new solution, and implement the ideas
- Identify needs, support training and development efforts and share technical or professional expertise to help other people become more competent and effective
- Ability to set and prioritize goals, use resources and ensure timetables are established for implementing various activities
- Must be able to effectively coordinate multiple tasks and people coping with pressures of tight deadlines and demanding schedules, changing priorities and complex assignment
About the Company
We are a leading Contracting Company in Abu Dhabi. Totally commitment to quality and sharp focus on customer satisfaction have set the group apart as a market leader providing general construction services for commercial and residential projects.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Project Manager
Currie & Brown
|Al Ain||15 Jan|
Urgent - Project Manager
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Senior Project Manager - Major Exhibition Programme
Project Manager - Engineering Consultancy
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||18 Dec|
Project Manager - Fit out / Interiors