Job description / Role
Project Director - Remote UAE Location
Hydro Electric Plant / DAM – 250 MW . New Project Award in Remote Location of Dubai . Our client is a European Construction Business with a strength within Power Generation Projects . Recently awarded this large scale complex DAM the Managing Director is looking to appoint a Project Director that has DAM experience .
If you had delivered DAM’s in the World and are based in the GCC this would be perfect as you would have a clear understanding as to the working practices of the region.
Due to the remote location of the Project the right individual will be happy to either commute from Dubai or Oman and work remotely when needed. The Project has a 5 Year Program so this is not the relocation for someone looking for the comfortable live that the Palm Jumeriah or Dubai Marina has to offer .
You will be looking after all elements of the Project from Design & Technical Management , Risk , Cost , Quality & Program . You will be able to recruit key personnel to your team as the business gets ready to embark on a challenging project & journey.
• It will have all the structural and challenging aspects expected in a remote location such as the desert with large earthworks, dewatering, piling, sub structures and with a Reservoir situated 300 Meters above the DAM Level
• The real expertise that is needed will be someone who understands critical aspects of the Mech / Elec / Pumping and design elements associated to a 2 Billion AED Value Hydro Power Plant . The facility will be built into a Mountain and be able to store 880 Million Gallons of Water.
• This should give you a clear indication of the scale and challenges . Therefore this specific experience within DAMS & Hydro Electric is deemed as PROJECT CRITICAL to our client.
AED 40,000 to 55,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Plus Accommodation , Vehicle , Flights , Medical & Bonus
• Must have delivered a DAM as Project Manager or Project Director
• Strong Employment History showing clear employment progression
• Minimum of 20 Years Post Graduate Experience
• Degree – Civil Engineering – Western University
• Chartered Status Desired
• Strong Communicator is key – English essential , French & German Desirable
About the Company
At NSR we pride ourselves on market knowledge, integrity, loyalty and professionalism. Through personal relationships and knowledge of what our clients look for in specific requirements we like to pride ourselves on matching people to the right role.
The partners at NSR have always dealt with people in an open and honest manner and as a company we are driven to find the right opportunity for people enhancing their career where ever this may be worldwide.
We work on the principal that every person we deal with is a potential client, this process has proved beneficial for us as there are many people we have dealt with on the International circuit that have approached NSR Associates to recruit for them as a client after we have worked on their behalf as a candidate.