Job description / Role
The role of the Project Engineer is to support the Project Manager in timely execution of projects throughout the UAE to scope within budget and on time. He will work with a multi-cultural team of Engineers and Technicians to handle large and small projects in association with Project Managers/Engineers and will represent G4S on site and shall be the focal point for all site matters and issues that relates to MEP, civil work and installation of HVMS, security systems etc.
Responsibilities includes (but not limited to) the following:
• Assist with the take-over from Presales team by auditing the materials and quantities in the project cost sheet.
• He will be responsible for production of shop drawings and conducting drawing reviews as required for any civil and MEP requirements.
• Managing contractors on site and their schedule of works, he will also be responsible for maintaining the highest installation standards on site, highlighting issues as they occur to the Operations Director.
• Responsible for all matters that relate to site Health & Safety and the implementation of regulations and G4S policies.
• Responsible for submitting regular updates as required to the designated Manager.
• Responsible for supporting in conducting site surveys, workout the required bill of material as required at site.
• Lay various HVMS field devices/ containment and pull cables at various sites within the required time frame.
• Study the structural requirements while implementation of HVMS/Security system solutions.
• Visit a site after job is awarded and assist the project Engineer in planning the execution of the job.
• Prepare a list of installation material required at site and provide the same to the Engineer for material procurement.
• Ensure neat and proper installation of the systems to customer’s satisfaction
• Assist with Test and pre-commission of a system before handover to the client.
• Prepare structure design and calculations for getting the approvals from various agencies.
• Schedule and conduct maintenance visits to clients.
• Provide technical support to sales as and when required.
• Perform other duties as requested by the Project Manager and Project Engineers.
• Degree/Diploma in Civil, Mechanical or their equivalents from a reputable university
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience with 2 – 5 years experience as Technician for Low Current Security Systems & Networking
• Project execution/commissioning background with an understanding of detailed engineering of various security systems – minimum 5 years experience in similar field.
• Proficient in MS Office Application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong English communication skills, verbal and written
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Projects.
• Ability to work independently and work on shifting schedule and unsocial hours.
• Must have a valid UAE driving license.
About the Company
G4S UAE is the largest and fastest growing total security solutions provider. This rapidly growing list of products and services, along with the company's global backing, means that we are uniquely placed to provide quality security solutions throughout the United Arab Emirates.
G4S was the first security company in the UAE to start the detailed work to apply for, and achieve, accreditation to ISO 9001:2008. This involved the identification of all key processes and their documentation to form part of the Quality Manual and the Company was awarded the certificate early March 2003. Our Quality Management System is based on functional responsibilities and objectives being clearly defined to support the fundamental management principal that it is the responsibility of every individual in the organisation to deliver quality service to our customers. We are committed to maintaining the Quality Management System. The key strategic objective is to achieve continuous improvement and innovation in all aspects of our business process.