Job description / Role
What you will do
The Project Engineer is a key role directly reporting to Construction Manager for our ESCO (Energy Solutions) business. You will be based in Dubai and will be a part of a growing team and who is focused on project planning and management, and produce the highest quality deliverable's on time and be responsible for driving the growth of business for ESCO business in UAE.
You will be supporting the project management team to maximize project efficiency and profitability, determine project specifications and acquire the necessary materials for completion, develop scope and parameters for project design and implementation and Identifying project responsibilities, delegating phases and elements to the appropriate personnel. You will be responsible to develop and control the full project-plan lifecycle.
How you will do it
* As an Experienced Project Engineer you will use your expertise and strong technical skills to prepare scheduled and necessary updates of construction activities and analysis of manpower and equipment required and assist the construction manager to establish project objectives, procedures, data collection methods, and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
* You will be accountable to maintain budgetary, scheduling, and project database oversight, and report regularly to project manager to keep him/her constantly informed of job progress, plans and problems that could significantly affect costs or schedules and also manage compliance, quality control, and quality assurance standards and specifications.
* You will be point of contact for all the site supervisors and subcontractors promptly of any construction schedule changes, and work closely with all stakeholders to ensure requirements are met.
* As a Project Engineer you will be responding to any client complaints, concerns or requests throughout the project, holding regular meetings to ensure that everything is going according to time and budget restrictions.
* You will be responsible to obtain all necessary clearances, approvals and permissions in the time frame during the execution of the project and attending all required project client/ consultant meetings representing all electro-mechanical related issues.
* As a Project Engineer you are the perfect combination of technical expertise and project management perception, in electro-mechanical aspects in the projects, and will be responsible for deftly managing complex industrial and engineering endeavors from start to finish.
What we look for
* Bachelor's degree in Electromechanical or Mechanical engineering
* 5+ years project management, project engineering, or project management experience (scope, schedule, cost, quality) within UAE
* Familiar with the Country Authorities rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards (DEWA, DM, DCD, etc..)
* Intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
* Strong field management experience
* Experience supporting Engineering Change Request (ECR) and Engineering Change Orders (ECO) processes
* Strong working knowledge of design software, including AutoCAD Up-to-date Professional Engineer license
* Proven understanding of HSE polices and quality assurance guidelines and best practices
* Excellent organizational skills
* Ability to think and take into account long-term implications of ones' actions
* Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
* Project management and supervision skills
* Decision making ability and leadership skills
About the Company
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 120,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.