Job description / Role
Project Engineer - Installation
We are currently looking for a Project Engineer to support Renewable energy projects to join our team. The Project Engineer has the skills and experience to take a leading role related to land and subsea installation of high voltage power cables. They are responsible for performing engineering work, project preparation and providing operational support as required in the projects.
The ideal candidate can sit remotely for this position
The Project Engineer is responsible for the following:
• Project Documentation
• Start-up documents such as MDR, procurement plan, etc.
• Project plan
• Technical specs
• Operational procedures and calculations
• Design modifications
• Quality assurance and control
• Design basis data collection, method and equipment selection, analysis and documentation
• Ensure HSE and Quality requirements are incorporated in engineering and procurement activities.
• Establishment of interface requirements and assist in resolving interface issues.
• Follow-up on subcontracted work, such as civil works contractors, HDD contractors, etc.
• Follow-up on PE requirements and use of external firms.
• Follow-up with local suppliers.
• Attend progress and other project related meetings with client.
• Safe job analysis/HAZOP's/FMEA's
• Ensure scope of work within schedule, budget and technical requirements.
Act as site supervisor Requirements:
• Authorized to work in the USA
• US/New York regulations, contracts and environmental knowledge
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field
• Minimum of five (5) years experience as a project engineer
• Experience related to offshore work, cable installation and protection
• Fluent in English
• Work in a team based environment
• High sense of quality, integrity and time management
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and with own initiative
• Ability to adapt to change.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and&amp;amp;amp;nbsp;Manufacturing&amp;amp;amp;nbsp;sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
About the Company
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Access Talent Group
|Abu Dhabi||21 Sep|