Project Engineer (Mechanical)
Job description / Role
• The Senior Project Engineer will perform Engineering tasks and manage the project discipline engineering team as directed by the Engineering Manager or assigned Project Manager in order to ensure projects are completed on schedule and within financial boundaries while achieving required technical integrity.
• They should have a sound knowledge of process, mechanical and ECI engineering related to oilfield production systems, both onshore and offshore, and experience of full project life cycle from concept to operation & maintenance.
• Work closely with the Project Manager and other engineering disciplines to prepare/check/manage engineering deliverables on assigned projects, including MDR, Risk Register, Schedule, Cost to Build review.
• Prepare detailed equipment technical specifications (with necessary discipline input) for static equipment packages and rotating equipment (pumps, generators, compressors etc).
• Work with procurement team to prepare tenders, review vendor bids for technical, QAQC and HSE compliance; prepare technical bid tab and make recommendations to project manager based on “best value”
• Review client and vendor documentation, obtaining discipline input as required, and return to vendor within the agreed timescales.
• Assume full responsibility for vendor management of equipment PO’s assigned to you from bid evaluation through to delivery
• Visit vendor workshops and client offices to carry out KO meetings; expedite progress; resolve technical issues and perform in-progress inspections, FAT’s and Final Inspection.
• Review client and vendor documentation within the agreed timescales.
• Attend client site and operational facilities to assist with the installation and commissioning of project and support ongoing operational facilities as required.
• Act as deputy to project manager during leave periods, communicating with client representatives through formal channels.
• Prepare progress reports for assigned scopes of work and highlight to project manager any areas of concern, together with proposed remedial actions
• Identify changes to contractual scope from correspondence, client comments on engineering deliverables or other sources and bring to the attention of the project manager.
• Supervise and mentor other engineers and designers to ensure that engineering deliverables have technical integrity and are delivered according to the project schedule.
• Support proposals group with technical input as required.
• Local and international travel to vendors, clients or to operational facilities.
• Actively adhere to the Code of Conduct and Anti-Bribery policies, procedures and processes to ensure the highest ethical standards are maintained and exposure to liability or risk to Company ‘s’s reputation is minimised. If necessary, report possible violations or conflicts of interest.
• Actively adhere to and ensure compliance with applicable Quality policies, procedures, processes & systems.
• Take an active part in quality improvement processes.
• Identify and report deficiencies to supervisor and obtain authorization for any deviations from standard procedures as appropriate.
• Actively comply with all applicable Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policies, procedures and processes. Promote HSE awareness; take responsibility and be accountable for own safety and safety of others.
• Demonstrate the personal application of HSE procedures in daily performance and always follow the 12 Company ‘s House Rules.
• Ensure objectives set under Employee Development Plan are met.
Job Knowledge & Experience
• University Degree in mechanical, OR, relevant technical qualification and industry experience.
• Minimum ten years’ experience in a similar role within the oil and gas industry.
• Familiar with upstream oilfield technology, in particular oil/gas/water separation and treatment in both onshore and offshore applications.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software and scheduling tools.
• Previous experience with Early Production Facilities or modular equipment packages.
• Excellent English language, communication, and man-management skills. Advantageous.
• Experience in the use of Auto CAD 2D or 3D, Smart Plant, databases and data management
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide. With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
About the Company
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Project Engineer (Mechanical) - Oil & Gas Industry
Ultimate HR Solutions
Mechanical Engineer - Maintenance & Repair
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
Mechanical Design Engineer
ARCCO (Al Raeel National General Contracting Co.)