Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
- Overall lead and be responsible for the successful delivery of a wide range of infrastructure projects.
- Provide specialist technical direction and advice to the group and project teams.
- conduct peer reviews and consult relevant resources as required.
- Responsible for ensuring technical quality, coordination, integrity, cost effectiveness, and profitability of designs produced.
- Ensure that design guidelines, standards, and procedures are followed.
- Manage members of the design team on multiple discipline.
- Prepare and adhere to assigned project budgets and schedules, integrate team efforts, review work, set priorities, identify, and resolve issues in a timely manner and communicate status to the Project Manager.
- Interface with external and internal clients.
- When necessary, perform discipline specific design.
- Prepare technical and commercial proposals.
- Technical supervision of project designated junior Engineers and draftsmen in the execution of their duties.
- Mentor junior members of staff and assist to promote career development within the group .
- Assist in developing, improving, and maintaining Worley design and drafting systems, processes, practices and procedures within the office.
- Check compliance with QA/Safety/Environment goals.
- Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Worley Quality Management System.
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety and implementing safe working practices.
- HSE - Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent technical and practical design skills in the relevant discipline, and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its clients.
- Familiarity with British, European, American, and international standards and other construction practices.
- Experienced in a consulting engineering environment over the whole lifecycle of a project including concept, FEED and Detailed Design.
- Expert in the design of industrial infrastructure projects such as ports, pumping stations, desalination plants, etc.
- Experienced in dealing with a variety of clients including developers, government bodies and EPC Contractors.
- Identify and evaluate new technology advancements against existing methods and, revise where applicable, to provide more effective solutions.
- Competent in the use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and a sound knowledge of design software.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Experience working in the Middle East.
- Experience in industrial infrastructure projects.
- Experience in port and harbour projects.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.