Job description / Role
Project Lead (MENA)
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Project Managing Unbound’s global events with a particular focus on our MENA series of events, but also to include other initiatives in Europe & MENA which will require flexible working hours and travelling
- Consistently delivering high-quality, high-impact services to our stakeholders and manage the management of partnerships
- Extremely accurate weekly and sometimes daily reporting to our key stakeholder clients is vital to this role. Use of GANTT charts and other project management tools will be a requirement
- Generating weekly reports and coordinate meetings between Unbound’s Senior Management and stakeholders
- Working with the Head of Operations to manage events timeline & requirements.
- Occasional trips to our other offices in London and Singapore will be required from time to time as well as frequent trips to locations around the MENA region for venue scouting and/or running of our meetup and seminar series
- Frequent contact will be made with extremely senior management from with Government agencies and ministries, large corporate and technology companies as well as entrepreneurs and startup founders
- Attending and confidently leading frequent meetings with senior officials and stakeholders
- Actively and constantly manage multiple internal (Unbound) stakeholders, including Sales, Marketing, Content, Innovation and Accounting teams
Event Operations Requirements:
- Acting as liaison between vendors, clients, support and business functions
- Assist in pre-event preparation and support leading up to the event
- Highly accurate tracking and reporting of event production and managing timelines
- Reaching out to new partners and working closely with internal teams
- Organising client meetings to discuss their requirements and tracking minutes
- Overseeing and providing world-class onsite support for clients and vendors
- Assisting in resource allocation or generating tender documents
- Choosing the right vendors to work with for each event
- Capturing and analysing metrics in order to make data driven decisions for the business
- Involved in post-event support and outreach to suppliers and clients
- Competitive salary, depending on experience.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 years plus of events operations or related industry experience
- 3 years plus experience in Project Management
- Fluent English speaker, Arabic speaker would be a plus
- The innate ability to spot problems before they appear, becoming a dependable first point of contact for our clients, ensuring that they see you as proactive rather than reactive when it comes to dealing with project management of an event or series
- Discretion, and the ability to uphold confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and across a variety of cultures both internal and external
- High resourcefulness and ability to excel in an occasionally extreme high pressure environment, often to almost impossible deadlines – someone who does whatever it takes to make sure the expectations of our clients are met
- Ability to manage and stick within a budget given while still delivering to the quality required and expected of an Unbound event
- Sociable and able to connect with people at all levels of the organisation
- Relatively autonomous. A self-starter who works on their own initiative, whilst managing internal relationships with the small local team and the larger global team
- Educated to Bachelor’s Degree Level
- Deadline driven and well-organised with strong time-management skills
- Good at learning and growing from experience
- Proactive team player, flexible, capable of turning around work to tight deadlines
- High level of proficiency in Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Experience in using various project management and reporting tools and applications
How to Apply:
Please apply online.
About the Company
Founded by Daniel Seal in 2013, Unbound has quickly developed into an internationally recognised market-leading platform connecting grassroots innovation, startups and technology leaders with corporates, brands and governments.
Headquartered in London and with an expanding network of offices in Asia and The Middle East, Unbound is a dynamic company that is the foremost connector in the technology and innovation space. It prides itself on its talented, energetic team and has scaled rapidly into new markets, firmly positioning itself at the centre of the innovation ecosystem.
Our investment by SingEx, the wholly-owned subsidiary of Temasek, the investment company of the Government of Singapore has validated our position as a leading platform for curating award-winning global innovation festivals.
In 2019 Unbound Festivals attracted 35,000+ delegates from brands, corporates, startups, investors, government, media and academia. Our government-backed flagship Asia festival Innovfest Unbound in Singapore is the largest innovation event in SE Asia, attracting over 18000 delegates and 500 exhibitors in June. In 2019, Unbound was tasked by Abu Dhabi Global Market to help to develop, grow and manage FinTech Abu Dhabi, MENA’s largest FinTech Festival. This involved attracting over 5000 delegates, securing over 100 world class speakers and running a global roadshow with events in 18 different global FinTech hubs.