Job description / Role
The principle purpose of the Project Management Officer is to implement and support performance enhancement initiatives for business units across the flydubai business. A priority of position is to exploit their PMO knowledge, operations research skills and knowledge of process review and analysis, to explore new ways to improve the flydubai business performance by way of data analysis and review of business processes that result in innovative and implementable recommendations. The position will work with support cross functional (departmental) in the delivery of improvement initiatives based on sound research and analysis.
• Best Practice: Plan, develop and conduct best practice improvements to systems, processes and structures to enhance operational effectiveness. Coach and mentor middle level business managers to adopt appropriate tools and techniques and adapt new practices.
• Planning: drive formulation of business plans and develop detailed business performance measures to track productivity of each business unit. Identify initiatives for performance improvement, cost control and service improvement and develop plans to execute these initiatives.
• Project Execution: Leading role in delivering agreed process improvement projects through the development, presentation and acceptance of recommendations by the business, followed by leading the development of detailed implementation plans.
• Support the performance development team in carrying out post implementation audits to validate that the process changes deliver the promised benefits.
• Encourage and ensure the presence of flydubai Project/Programme Management standards when executing initiatives within specific business department to help them manage, maintain and monitor their projects.
• Change Management: Identify and implement changes required to successfully manage growth, working closely with other support functions i.e. IT, HR, Procurement and Finance, based on formal change management methods.
• Methods: Identify and manage the introduction of new methods, tools and techniques (e.g. Event Simulation & Modeling, Six Sigma, Business Continuity Planning Standards) into flydubai to provide innovative solutions that address process and organizational challenges.
• Key Performance Indicators: The job holder will be required to advise business units on appropriate productivity norms/standards and agree Key Performance Indicators (KPI) through the application of Industrial Engineering and Operations Research techniques.
• Industry Standards: Keep abreast of industry standards / processes and best practices (e.g. membership of AGFOR), support trials and site visits that build benchmarking knowledge and development of POC (proof of concepts) as directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• University Degree or honours in Industrial Engineering, or graduate level education in scientific/ commercial discipline with strong research and analysis components.
• 4 years plus working experience in the fields related to processes and productivity improvement in a reputed organization. Airline or airport services industry experience, and/or in the areas of Performance Development or Consultancy relevant to Airline Industry is preferred.
Knowledge / Skills
• Practical experience in Project Management
• Understanding of quality management/6 sigma methodologies.
• Basic Industrial Engineering and /or Organizational Research knowledge.
• Basic understanding of formal Business Process Mapping Standards.
• Basic knowledge of Innovation techniques and/or programme management.
• Advanced MS excel skills
• Basic MS word & MS PowerPoint
• Advanced PowerBI skills
• Basic SharePoint skills
• Key requirement of the role will be the ability and agility of the job holder to work in supporting diverse business units and to quickly adapt and understand key business challenges.
• Customer Focus
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
About the Company
Dubai-based flydubai strives to remove barriers to travel and enhance connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network. Since launching its operations in 2009, flydubai has:
- Created a network of more than 90 destinations in 44 countries.
- Opened up 62 new routes that did not previously have direct air links to Dubai or were not served by a UAE national carrier from Dubai.
- Operates a single fleet type of 58 Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft and will take delivery of more than 100 aircraft by the end of 2023.
In addition, flydubai's agility and flexibility as a young airline has enhanced Dubai's economic development, in line with the Government of Dubai's vision, by creating trade and tourism flows in previously underserved markets.