Job description / Role
Work Area: Marketing
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Limited Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
SAP is the global market leader for business software and thus contributes a considerable part of the world's economic power grid. At SAP you get your chance to put your ideas into action with maximum impact. Expectation overview for Project Management Officer: Develop and deliver assigned tasks for key strategical projects within the Marketing Organization and will be responsible for the operation of daily office functions and duties, including active and self-governing administrative support to the manager.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
- Develop and deliver assigned tasks for key strategical projects within the Marketing Organization, by owning the delivery of key project deliverables as part of a broader team using Project Management methodologies respectively to support both technical and non-technical Marketing projects.
- Demonstrate general understanding of the basic steps (initiate, plan, execute, control, close) to manage projects.
- Participate in the definition and management of finding project scope, cost, and schedule
- Assist with the definition and management of project execution plans.
- Assist with the creation of pre and post impact assessments to determine change readiness, and to determine a baseline with which to gauge project success.
- Assist with collection of key measurements to determine the achievement of adoption metrics across key project focus areas
- Assist/ support communication and change management activities as needed
- Understand and work with key stakeholders throughout the project life cycle.
- Understand how to identify risks, dependencies and Incorporate appropriate management tasks to ensure successful project outcomes.
- Assist with the implementation of methodologies, processes, and tools for project and change management.
- Understand how projects align with strategical objectives.
- Monitoring budget
- Managing calendar and e-mails, calls, internal and external correspondence
- Coordination of travel arrangements and travel expenses
- Booking meeting rooms / venues for the team
- Managing Workflows and monitoring items like vacation requests, purchase orders, internal orders, distribution lists, Inventory, purchase activities, Preparation of minutes
- Updating materials including PowerPoint and excel spreadsheets for meetings and presentations
- Developing collaborative work relationships within own team and cross-functional, including representation of team towards senior management
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience
- Project management (small to medium-scaled projects)
- Experience with SAP systems is preferable.
Education and Qualification / Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- Working in a team environment
- Basic skills in working in a virtual environment
- Potential for flexible work arrange and working styles
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Tools
- Creative thinking, attention to details
- Good communication skills
- Excellent command of written and oral English
- Proactive and able to identify and solve problem
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.