Job description / Role
The Project Management Analyst will manage software implementation projects of GE software for customers as part of the new GE Power Digital business. The successful candidate will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes and project plan to ensure timely software implementation.
• Lead all planning and execution milestone progress updates working closely with existing Project Manager and Program Manager.
• Participate in the development of proposals for projects
• Take part in the writing of reports that describe the results of a project
• Plan and implement projects at various customer work sites in the Middle East and Africa region including the activities of staff and subcontractors
• Primary customer contact for the duration of each project. May commission, resolve specification issues, handle correspondence, provide periodic updates, ensure customer satisfaction, and negotiate/coordinate with staff as appropriate
• Proactively provide customers with product and services information and project updates
• Identify opportunities for customers to get the best value out of GE software
• Translate customer needs / requirements into detailed project plans while driving internal execution to meet project targets
• Manage a network of resources (including contractors) in support of project execution.
• Identify opportunities to expand the project in ways that bring value to our customer and satisfy our profitability requirements
• Manage the project budget and timeline and ensure the resources are available to complete the project within budget and on time in order to meet customer obligations
• Ensure that delivered products and services achieve highest quality and performance levels
• Negotiate change orders with the customers
• Professionally represent GE during all customer communications
• Lead a varied staff that will include employees, customers, partner companies, or subcontractors
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with at least 0-3 years of experience in an engineering or project management position)
• At least 0-3 additional years of experience in a project management, engineering or manufacturing role
• At least 0-3 years of project management experience working in a lead capacity implementing projects in a field environment
• Very high level of proficiency with MS Project (preferred), Primavera, or Smartsheet
• Strong communication skills
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Previous experience in the software industry, preferably software services
• Understanding of GE software products such as Predix, Proficy, CSense
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.