Job description / Role
• The Project Manager will define, scope and manage one or more projects of medium size/complexity and will work with senior project and other management to ensure technical and/or business objectives are achieved.
• Typical projects may include the entire lifecycle from requirements through to deployment or specific parts of the lifecycle of a larger project. Typical project complexity/size will 6-12 months duration and involve up to 10 FTEs across one or more locations.Team members in a Project Manager role are expected to display core competencies such as Project Delivery, Financial Management, Risk Management, and Estimating and Planning. Expected expertise in each of these areas will vary based on job level
• Delivers projects within the constraints of scope, time and cost to agreed levels of quality, within the organization’s project management framework.
• Defines, documents and manages smaller-scale projects with minimal supervision, working with multiple teams that may have differing priorities and working/cultural practices.
• Actively participates in all phases of the project or specific phases of larger projects. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project
• Effectively manage project team conflicts, build collaborative partnerships with stakeholders, and commitment to make decisions
• Estimates costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to agreed scope and constraints.
• Prepares and maintains project plans and tracks activities against the plan
• Implement effective communication plan and operating rhythm, including provision of regular and accurate reports.
• Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensures that deliverables are implemented within these criteria.
• Manages change control gaining agreement for revisions from project stakeholders.
• Provides effective leadership to the project team ensuring members are motivated and developing their skills and experience. Identifies any problems with sponsorship.
Skills & Competencies
• Project Delivery - Fully Competent
• Project Risk Management - Fully Competent
• Project Staff Management - Fully Competent
• Project Communication - Fully Competent
• Project 3rd Party Management - Working Knowledge
• Improving Project Performance - Fully Competent
• Problem Solving & Decision Making - Working Knowledge
• Change & Transformational Programs - Working Knowledge
• Financial Management & Project Accounting - Working Knowledge
• Business Knowledge - Working Knowledge
• Project Dependency Management - Fully Competent
• Stakeholder Management - Working Knowledge
• Project Estimating & Planning - Fully Competent
• Project Governance & Assurance - Working Knowledge
• Portfolio Management - Working Knowledge
• Strong relationship building skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to develop and execute an project plan
• Problem solving skills and ability to understand, articulate, structure and solve.
• Presentation and communication skills: ability to deliver presentations and communicate at all levels within an organization.
• Strong collaboration skills.
About the Company
Refinitiv, formerly the Financial & Risk business of Thomson Reuters, is one of the world’s largest providers of financial markets data and infrastructure. Serving more than 40,000 institutions in over 190 countries, we provide information, insights, and technology that drive innovation and performance in global markets. Our 160-year Reuters heritage of integrity enables customers to make critical decisions with confidence, while our unique open platform, best-in-class data, and cutting-edge technology bring greater opportunity to our customers. By advancing our customers, we drive progress for the entire financial community.
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Project Manager - Immediate Start
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
|Abu Dhabi||14 Mar|
Project Manager - Upcoming
Project Manager - Post Contract
Big Fish Recruitment