Job description / Role
• Negotiate changes to the scope of work with the client and key subcontractors.
• Follow up on instructions and commitments associated with the project.
• Execute the project to the contract specifications, project costs, profit, and schedule.
• Oversee establishment of Project Management Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
• Establish the program as well as corporate requirements for all areas of the project, and monitor the draft and final deliverables for adherence to these criteria.
• Plan, direct, supervise, and control the execution of technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned project.
• Assign responsibility for executing project plans with key subordinates.
• Mobilize company resources, through liaison with support departments, other offices, or subsidiaries, to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work.
• Discuss the qualifications required of the key project positions in specific detail with the Department Managers.
• Work with other managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to develop budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project.
• Work with the key project individual to devise and execute action plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work. Advises the client and company management of any such changes.
• To coordinate with the Cost Controller and the Site Quantity Surveyor to ensure appropriate and timely execution for “Change Orders”.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
• Minimum 15 years experience as Project Manager in GCC
• Proven ability to perform in a management capacity.
• Excellent written of and oral communications skills.
• Thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations.
• Thorough knowledge of current technology and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on project.
• Risk Management Skills.
About the Company
A leading construction company in the UAE.