Job description / Role
• Oversee the design, development, and implementation of strategies to develop new
interpretive approaches and programs at the interior, fit out, and museums
• Monitor and supervise the project execution process on site to ensure completion of the job within specified time frames, in an organized and effective manner, in accordance with the approved design and quality standards so as to meet client’s satisfaction and maintain continuity of business.
Examine the drawings, assess the material requirements, approve and submit the material requisition accurately so as to facilitate purchase of appropriate quantities of materials.
• Examine the project program and based on the schedules mentioned assess the material and manpower requirement for the job. Prepare and forward the requisition of sub-contractors required for different jobs
• Coordinate with the client and consultant on all issues pertaining to the drawings, plans, schedules and problems for quick resolution of all issues. Monitor progress against the project plan and keep the client updated on the progress taking quick corrective action where required.
• Conduct quality checks on works carried out to ensure that the products meet all client specifications. Coordinate with the municipality agencies during spot checks on the site and ensure adherence to Quality, Health and Safety regulations on all assigned sites.
• Supervise the site regularly; attend to all technical matters, additional manpower requirements, drawing changes, etc. in an effective and timely manner thereby achieving client requirements and quality standards.
• Reviews CAD drawings, renderings, layouts, study models, fit out documents, and boards.
• Ensures compliance with applicable guidelines, standards, and client requirements.
• Plans, directs, and supervises all operations included in a large, complex project or several moderately-sized projects with greater risk and complexity, and significant financial impact
• Manages project related contracts including budgets and timeline, cost tracking and ensuring all conditions in the contract are met, associated documents by means of RFI responses, submittal reviews, application of payments, directives and change orders
• Bachelor's Degree
• Outstanding oral communication, written and presentation skills
• Minimum of 5 years of industry experience
• Able to communicate highly technical concepts in terms that internal project managers and external clients can understand
• Able to manage a small team of experts to complete quality work product
• Capacity to prepare winning proposals
• Must be detail oriented, thorough, well organized and effectively manage time
• Team player with excellent listening skills and diplomacy; willingness to work with multiple different colleagues on a variety of initiatives
• Has thorough knowledge and understanding of construction contracts, applicable codes, scheduling and familiarity with materials, methods, and processes of construction
• Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
• Must be available to travel
• Fit out phase experience including the submittal/shop drawing review process and on-site field inspections
About the Company
Pico is one of the world’s leading experiential marketing service providers. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver Total Brand Activation for many of the Fortune 500 companies, government bodies and non-government organisations. With a track record of 40 years in the industry, Pico has earned an unparalleled reputation for creating concepts and transforming them into living, breathing realities. Be it a live event or a permanent themed environment, we create the live experiences that active your brands to harness an emotional impact that lingers longer with lasting impact. Paramount to our success lies in our insistence on servicing our clients and partners with Creativity, Knowledge and Reliability. We provide total solutions on brand activation as well as satisfy individual needs on specialised areas. Our core businesses include design and fabrication of exhibition stands; general contracting and technical services for trade show organisers; event hall and facility management; events, conferences and show management; supply and installation of overlays for venues; permanent exhibits for museums and themed environments; interior fit-out; and brand signage.