Job description / Role
• This job description is current at the time of issue. Variation may occur to these duties to reflect the changes in, or to the Company’s environment and will be advised to you by the management. These tasks involve work in any of the Company appropriate to your skills.
• The Project Manager leads the project team and executes all project requirements according to the company standards ensuring that quality and HSE policies are strictly adhered to.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Effective and efficient allocation of manpower and technology resources for project execution.
• Responsible in carrying out the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
• Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with subcontractors and vendors and assist the Project Team in the resolution of any disputes.
• Prepare the project quality plan at the project mobilization stage and ensure adherence to the requirements of the Quality Manual and Procedures.
• Nominate sub-contractors, suppliers, vendors, etc. for placement of orders, based on technical evaluation in consultation with Contracts Section, and coordinates work of subcontractors working on various phases of the project.
• Ensure the procurement schedules for both material and sub-contracts are planned, scheduled and maintained.
• Oversee the scheduling and coordination of workloads, materials and equipment, foresees resource requirement and allocation difficulties, and ensure their availability.
• Plan and establish the work breakdown structure and budget in accordance with estimates and prepares the works realization program.
• Day-to-day management and leadership of the functional Project team, including manpower planning, policy development and procedural compliance.
• Supervise performance of the Construction Managers, engineers and staff in order to achieve the satisfactory operation of the contracts and ensure that standards accepted are applied throughout and to coordinate progress and interface problems.
• Handles all administrative matters dealing with the Project, ensuring all project files, correspondence, records and information regarding variations, amendments and time extensions are prepared and maintained in accordance with Company processes and procedures.
• Observes and checks work in progress to ensure quality and quantity standards are met, and ensures safety standards are met and maintained; checking and reviewing any reported difficulties, handling any safety violations or other reported deficiencies and discipline.
• Proper administration of construction contracts through obtaining all necessary certificates, permits, utilities, licenses and any other government document required for project execution and completion.
• Oversees performance of all trade contractors and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
• Tracks and controls construction schedule, and through project report reviews and personal observations monitors project costs and projections against budget allocation, and recommends and implements remedies to address cost overruns, either current or projected.
• BSc in Civil Engineering with min 12 years’ experience (8 years in the UAE) in overall supervision, construction management for projects exceeding 80 million.
• The candidate must have a good knowledge of written and spoken Arabic and English.
About the Company
We are a leading Contracting Company in Abu Dhabi. Totally commitment to quality and sharp focus on customer satisfaction have set the group apart as a market leader providing general construction services for commercial and residential projects.