Job description / Role
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team's overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience - it's what IBMers do. As we tackle the world's biggest challenges, our company continues to grow, we're looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers - people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world's top business and technology professionals.
- The Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for leading project teams in delivering solutions to external customers. The PM will manage one or multiple projects as part of a program, reporting directly into a Program Management function.
- The PM will own performance responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables, which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management.
- The PM will also be responsible for managing all project resources, including subcontractors, vendors and internal departments. The candidate will be expected to maintain effective communication across all projects stakeholders, and to provide day to day direction to the project team and regular project status to the customer and program leadership.
- Excellent communication, customer service, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Assist in achieving program business objectives by providing information that will lead to appropriate approval of new requests, planning and resource utilization.
- Strong leadership with proven ability to motivate teams to achieve defined deliverables and work effectively with clients
- Ability to maintain proactive, regular and strategic relationships with key suppliers and strategic partners
- Ability to deliver presentations and demonstrations to clients when required
- Understand the operational workings of technology services including Data Centre models, advanced networks, storage, security, servers, applications and process frameworks
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Degree in Computer Science, Business or Project Management
- 5 - 7 years of experience in IT project management, Software and Hardware
- Valid PMP Certification or equivalent is preferred
- Experience in Professional Services Project Management is a must
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Understanding of Program Management is preferred
- Middle East experience is preferred
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: None Commissionable: No
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Quest Search & Selection
IT Project Manager
HR Source Consulting
Project Manager - Enterprise Change Management Office
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Director - Information Technology
ERP Project Manager
HR Source Consulting