Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
This role reports to the Senior Project Manager. The Project Manager is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of technology projects from the planning and requirements phase to project delivery and closure while ensuring the project delivers significant business value. Time, budget and quality are key performance indicators of delivery. The projects will be delivered using a modern waterfall methodology.
The Project Manager will work closely with multiple stakeholders, including the business and will act as liaison between all teams by preparing and attending project status meetings and steering committees.
- Responsible for the on time and on budget delivery of projects, within agreed scope and quality measures
- Responsible for the benefits realisation of all projects managed
- Develop and maintain the overall project plan consistent with project objectives as defined by the business
- Lead the project team in scoping activities to identify, capture and analyse requirements, define key business drivers and oversee the delivery of an effective and innovative solution
- Identify critical stakeholders and create a stakeholder management plan, to manage the relationship between teams successfully
- Ensure regular and accurate communication to stakeholders, by distributing minutes of meeting, project status updates and project documentation
- Work with Business Analysts to manage scope and change control
- Proactively manage project financials and work with the Strategic Supplier & Cost Optimisation Lead to drive efficiencies
- Proactively identify and manage project risks, issues, dependences and assumptions, and support the team in providing solutions and escalations when needed
- Report on the status of project delivery using agreed reporting metrics
- Work with the PMO to ensure alignment with governance, best practices, standards and processes for waterfall delivery
- Establish, coordinate and maintain relations with third party suppliers and vendors that are supporting project delivery to ensure on time delivery
- Support in post implementation activities including documenting lessons learnt and the project closure report and monitoring of benefits realisation
Education & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in project management using a modern waterfall delivery methodology
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent is mandatory
- Certification is Project Management Professional (PMP), PRINCE 2 or equivalent is beneficial
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Project and Project Portfolio Management tools
- Knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Evaluate and address complex project risks and issues accurately and objectively
- Effective interpersonal skills including collaborating, team building, and communication skills to build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Strong analytical, planning, and organisational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
About the Company
Etihad Airways is the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. The airline was set up by a Royal Decree in July 2003, with Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, as its hub. Etihad started commercial operations in November 2003.
With Etihad, everyone who flies with us is welcomed as our guest.
This simple credo illuminates everything we do, from big things like making sure that our fleet is one of the most advanced in the sky, to small touches like letting you choose the films you watch.
Were proud to be the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. At the crossroads between Europe and Asia, our home reflects our commitment to bringing the world closer together - as does our highly cosmopolitan staff.