Job description / Role
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group's entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
Leads and oversees construction project and ensure completion as per KPIs.
What you will do:
Overview of the role:
• Leads and oversees construction project and ensure completion as per KPIs.
What you will do:
Project Delivery Quality
• Utilising contract specifications and drawings and in conjunction with other members of the project team ensure that the completed project is delivered to the required defined quality standard.
• The completion of this activity will result in the issuance of a Completion Certificate for the project.
Project Delivery Progress
• Monitors project progress by working with the project team and report on and initiate measures for corrective actions if project falls behind the specified milestones and programme targets.
• Procures actions from team members and monitors and reports on the results of these actions.
Project Delivery Cost
• Responsible with the project team to monitor costs and prepare and manage actions to maintain cost targets.
Project Value Engineering
• Responsible for undertaking regular value engineering exercises within the project team to ensure that engineered solutions are being maintained within the project's cost parameters.
• Maintains project progress records for inclusion with overall project reporting. This will include procuring these reports from other members of the project team.
• Ensure Work with the Project Team to procure a true record of the completed project documentation.
• The receipt of this documentation will be required prior or in conjunction with any Completion Certificates.
Project Construction Participants
• Participates as a member of the Project Team for evaluating the suitability of construction participants (Suppliers and Contractors) for employment within the construction activities, so as to ensure engagement of the most reliable partners in terms of area expertise, commitment and access to necessary resources to complete the job as per quality standards.
• Assists in the preparation of contract documentation to secure and manage various elements of the project.
• This will principally be with major construction contracts and suppliers.
• The jobholder will be responsible for directing the works of site engineers and as such should ensure that the engineers are provided with sufficient on the job training
Required skills to be successful:
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word/ Excel), MS Project.
• Professional Knowledge
• Encourages subordinates
• Training and Coaching
What equips you for the role:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
• University Degree in Civil Engineering and Building
• 8-10 years' experience in the construction field either from a contracting or consulting background.
• Minimum 3 years in a position of leadership.
About Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate
The real estate development and operations arm of Al-Futtaim, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate is responsible for a multi-billion-dollar portfolio across MENA. With high-quality residential, business, retail, tourism, educational and healthcare developments, the master developer caters to the diverse needs of cities and communities in the region. From origination, conception, development, sales, procurement and construction of mega-projects and the leasing, operation and management of these projects after completion, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE) has been developing and managing owned landbanks, unlocking the economic potential of the region and contributing to future development for more than 40 years.
Our focus is to enable and invest in meaningful relationships to make our properties the best places to live and work, build additional products and services and enable partnerships to create true value to our customers throughout their entire experience with us.
AFGRE is responsible for master planning of all projects in its portfolio, including two large scale mixed use destinations: Dubai Festival City and Cairo Festival City.
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.