Job description / Role
Al Tayer Stocks LLC commenced operations in May 1998 as a joint venture between Al Tayer Group and leading South African construction company Stefanutti Stocks.
Position Title: Project Manager - Building Division
Manage the complete project execution process to ensure completion of the job within specified time frames, in an organized and cost effective manner, in accordance with the approved design and quality standards so as to meet customer's satisfaction and maintain continuity of business.
• Manage the complete project execution process, examine the project program and based on the schedules mentioned assess the material and man-power requirement for the job.
• Oversee the nomination of sub-contractors required for different jobs and submit to management for approval, ensuring capability and resource availability with them to complete the job & manage them effectively once they are nominated.
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management, define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders also develop and administer project budgets and fiscal controls, contract, quality control/ safety provisions and perform cost estimating and value engineering.
• Liaise with the client and consultant on all issues pertaining to the drawings, project plan, schedules and problems for quick resolution of all issues.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path, regularly monitor actual progress against the project plan and keep the client / senior management updated on the progress/ project milestones and deliverables., taking quick corrective action where required
• Effectively monitor and manage variations from the BOQ / orders placed and ensure approval by client, PQS in conjunction with site QS.
• Also provide accurate information to the QS on percentage of completed jobs for the preparation of monthly valuation reports.
• Manage the process (specify what process) and approve the monthly claims submitted by the sub-contractors.
• Receive snag lists from consultants, arrange sub-contractors for various works, monitor all jobs for timely completions and compliance to project specifications, inclusive of close out procedures as stipulated in ISO manual.
• Also ensure timely attendance during defects liability period to ensure final completion certificate and subsequent release of retention guarantees etc.
• Prepare monthly progress reports and cost reports along with PQS to be presented at cost meetings.
• Guide and motivate subordinates to enhance performance and produce quality work, and ensure that they are continuously developed for higher level roles
• Prepare performance evaluation and appraisal reports of direct reports to assess subordinates productivity and progress and identify training needs of team members to improve efficiency and ensure conformity with standard procedures and practices.
Qualification & Experience
• Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management, with around 8 - 10 years' experience in the construction industry in civil works with at least 3-4 years in a senior role handling all site operations, complete knowledge of design/build/construction and should have managed large commercial value projects independently / with sub contractors for at least 3 -4 years.
About the Company
Established in 1979, Al Tayer Group is a privately-held, diversified company with operations in 12 countries in the Middle East and beyond. With over 7,800 employees from 95 different nationalities, the Group has its headquarters in Dubai, UAE.
Al Tayer Group operates leading, quality-focused businesses in automobile sales and service, luxury and lifestyle retail, perfumes and cosmetics distribution, engineering as well as interiors contracting. The Groups portfolio includes several of the worlds leading brands such as Armani, Bvlgari, Banana Republic, Ford, Ferrari, Gucci, Gap, Harvey Nichols and Maserati. The Group operates over 180 stores across multiple markets in the Middle East. In addition, Al Tayer Group has investments in commercial real estate, contracting, supply chain management, precision tools manufacturing and travel agency services.